Page 16 of 222 FirstFirst ... 21214151617182030 ... LastLast

Thread: Super SF2 Turbo: HD Remix

1. Quote Originally Posted by DirtySouth View Post
    There's a DC Vs Marvel MUGEN project going on here. Just get that, then search for the 12 million varieties of Capcom characters floating around on the internet, and there you have it.
    So where's the plug-in for HD sprites drawn by professional comic book artists? That is pretty cool, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. So Spiderman is still ridiculously overbalanced.

Kidding looks awesome.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    overbalanced.
    Underanticipated news.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    I totally dont have cvs anymore.
    You can borrow mine.

5. hooray.

youtube imo... make it happen. Educate the children.

7. Quote Originally Posted by DirtySouth View Post
    There's a DC Vs Marvel MUGEN project going on here. Just get that, then search for the 12 million varieties of Capcom characters floating around on the internet, and there you have it.
    Does this shit work on Xbox 1 yet?

8. I think there is a mugen for xbox... I haven't looked in forever though.

9. Sirlin is responding to questions regarding SSF2T:HD & PF:HD on his website. Here are some choice quotes about SSF2T:HD from that page.

(In response to why HD Remix won't have widescreen stages)

former: You sound like kind of a jackass to me. I’ll respond anyway. You are attacking my “ideology” when there is no ideology. Capcom asked that we keep the gameplay the same. We are keeping it the same. How does this have anything to do with my ideology? Capcom also would have to pay more money and spend more time to change the playfield width, so maybe they made their decision on those grounds alone. There is a schedule and a budget and a signed contract that all allow for new art assets, but no time or resources for major undertakings like messing with playfield. Even if all the above weren’t true, I’m sure that more room to run away is taking gameplay into the next century. To really make a wider playfield better (rather than *worse*) we should also change the range of moves, distance that moves travel, etc. Way, way beyond the scope of what’s asked for, paid for, and allowed.

Regarding supers, I suggested that we zoom in during them, but Capcom Japan said that this project can’t change the basic feel of the game, and that includes no zoom in during supers.

You seem to vastly misunderstand what this project is about and who decided what. It would be nice if Capcom said “Make any game you want, go.” Instead, they said “Put new art into SSF2T, make it online, and make it conform to 360/PS3 standards.” There is no time, budget, or authorization to do things outside that scope. This is what they asked for, so we’ll do the best job we can at delivering that. You and I can wish for a lot more, but I guess we’ll have to settle for what will merely be the best-selling XBLA game of all time.
    Ryan: I cannot yet promise you that the online will be awesome because it’s too early. But I think it is pretty safe to promise that it will be a lot better than SF:Hyper Fighting on 360. I keep telling everyone that minimizing input delay is more important than maintaining a contstant game speed. Meanwhile, Mortal Kombat 2 (just shipped by our company, I had zero to do with it) has 6 frames of constant input delay (bad) but should be very good about keeping a constant game speed (good). I would much rather get that input delay down to 1 or 2 or maybe 3 frames at most, and sometimes play the game in slow motion if lag spikes happen. DOA does this to good effect, and though it’s not great, it’s the lesser evil compared to more input delay or more flickering around to re-sync. I just hope my message is heard because I think some people think that only the tiny hardcore market would care about reducing input delay, but that the larger market cares more about constant game speed. I personally disagree, and DOA is a solid example of what works, in my opinion.
    fidgheo: Yeah, we have to put a stop to dirty disconnectors. I think we should stick pretty close to the Microsoft / Bungie suggestions on TrueSkill. In that, disconnecting is treated as a loss (if I remember right) and also treated as a “disconnect”. Treating at a loss prevents certain exploits, and treating also as a “disconnect” allows extreme offenders to be locked out of creating matches and eventually banned. I haven’t actually mentioned this stuff to anyone yet, but yeah it’s important to handle disconnecting right, as we saw with the SF:HF 360 debacle.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

10. Okay, I'm confused now. I thought CPS2 games already ran in a widescreen resolution-- 384x224. Why wouldn't there be widescreen stages in the remake?