Page 218 of 222 FirstFirst ... 204214216217218219220 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 2216

Thread: Super SF2 Turbo: HD Remix

1. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Oh yeah, the fighting stick EX isn't that great of stick unfortunately.
    Man. Stop hating on the Hori, I used it extensively and there's nothing wrong with it.

2. Quote Originally Posted by bahn View Post
    Man. Stop hating on the Hori, I used it extensively and there's nothing wrong with it.
    My hate on the Hori is justified. I absolutely hated how the buttons felt after a month of use, and I needed to press the buttons a little harder for it to register. There's a reason why people go through the trouble of using a soldering iron to replace the buttons with Sanwas or Seimitsus. If it wasn't so damn hard to mod, this would have been a non-issue.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

3. Bahn uses Chun Li, so the only buttons that incur any wear-and-tear are short, forward, and strong. The rest of the buttons on his stick are likely in pristine condition.

4. Quote Originally Posted by salt_peanuts View Post
    Unfortunately I'm not hardcore enough to dish out more money for an xbox stick, I already have a Hori RAPro SA for PS2 and 2 Virtua Stick High Grades, that pretty much covers my MAME-PS2-PS3 requirements. The only game I would need a stick for on 360 is tis fighting game, and I already know I will never get good enough to play this seriously online. I would like a 4 way stick for Pacman CE but that's about it.
    I would approach it that if you want to play at all, you might as well have the tools of the trade, though you could always just play fighters on the PSN instead of the 360... Serious or not, you don't want to be losing because of the pad/stick. You want to be losing because of mistakes/lack of practice.

I can say that I am not a top player by any means, but I know my way around and have gotten better because I strip the game down to basics and go from there. Focus on each character's normals and master those. Master a couple ways to setup throw options, learn a couple combos and how/when to crossup and you'll do fine. Forget all the complicated crap. You don't need to reversal on wakeup, just block. Take you time and you'll do fine, just know they certain matchups are a lot harder than others.

One of the players here uses Fei for warmup and I can tell you that his fierce rekka (sp?) combos do major damage and can be linked from a variety of attacks. Tiger Knee sucks in priority, so bate it out and punish. Basically anytime a dragon punch, tiger knee or the like is missed, rekka combo for big damage.

Use his normals and speed to your advantage, they are pretty good, not chun level, but still really good. Crouching fierce is a beast and his mp is really good also... Take advantage of his crossup, I think with mk -- after a knockdown, crossup into rekka combo...

He may not be an easy win, but he can definitely win matches if used properly...
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

Quote Originally Posted by salt_peanuts View Post
    Unfortunately I'm not hardcore enough to dish out more money for an xbox stick, I already have a Hori RAPro SA for PS2 and 2 Virtua Stick High Grades, that pretty much covers my MAME-PS2-PS3 requirements. The only game I would need a stick for on 360 is tis fighting game, and I already know I will never get good enough to play this seriously online. I would like a 4 way stick for Pacman CE but that's about it.
    I just put a Sanwa octagonal gate on my Hori DOA stick, and it makes a world of difference to me. You might want to try it, the gates cost $5.00 and the install is simple (but requires a drill.)

By the way, I finally got around to getting a Xbox live subscription card in preparation for SF4, but if anyone wants to play some SF2HD I'm game. I'm not very good at it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

6. I have an EX2 with the octo gate as well, and while I like it better after the mod, it still isn't a good substitute for a happ stick. It's still too loose and has too much throw.
    If you're used to western style arcade sticks, a custom stick looks like the only option.

I have a friend who's getting the TE stick, so I'm just going to try and get used to square-gated sanwa sticks.

That's true, I've got a Happ stick on my Neo Geo. However, I'm also a cheapass so a $5.00 sanwa gate on a joystick I already have is better than a $150 stick. I haven't run into any issue where I was going "If only I didn't have this shitty stick I could have won." Bahn and Mikhal can tell you that I said that after nearly every SF2/3 match with the unmodded Hori. Not that an awesome stick would have saved me from getting an ass beating.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

8. Anyone tried using a Seimitsu stick instead of a Sanwa? I hear they're a nice middle ground between the Sanwa stick and a Happ stick.

9. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    anyone wants to play some SF2HD I'm game. I'm not very good at it though.
    I'll be playing this until God calls my number and takes me to the big Nin Nin Hall in the sky, and probably even a little while after that. Send me an invitation any time.

10. Quote Originally Posted by SpoDaddy View Post
    Anyone tried using a Seimitsu stick instead of a Sanwa? I hear they're a nice middle ground between the Sanwa stick and a Happ stick.
    Seimitsu sticks are a little bit tighter than Sanwa sticks, but I wouldn't call them a middle ground.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.