Page 29 of 222 FirstFirst ... 152527282930313343 ... LastLast

Thread: Super SF2 Turbo: HD Remix

1. maybe I just cant believe that Capcom would put that much time ,money, or effort into the game to make it look that much different.
    They're not, Udon is.

Feel better?

2. Quote Originally Posted by Jetman View Post
    haha, I dont know,man. I guess the tech is definitely there to pull it off, maybe I just cant believe that Capcom would put that much time ,money, or effort into the game to make it look that much different. Call it a lack of trust after years of nothing new from them in the fighting genre, if you will...
    Are you high? Serious.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Xero_Kaiser View Post
    They're not, Udon is.

Feel better?
    So Udon is doing this for free out of the goodness of their Street Fighter loving hearts?

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate
    Are you high? Serious.
    I was a little drunk. srsly.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Jetman View Post
    So Udon is doing this for free out of the goodness of their Street Fighter loving hearts?
    Akira Toriyama isn't part of Square. He helped do the artwork for the Chrono series.

They are hired freelancers. They are not apart of Capcom. Stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetman View Post
    I was a little drunk. srsly.
    That explains a ton.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    Akira Toriyama isn't part of Square. He helped do the artwork for the Chrono series.
    Yeah, no shit. What does this have to do with anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    They are hired freelancers.
    Udon? Yeah, I know who they are. I actually own some of their Streetfighter work.

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    They are not apart of Capcom.
    And yeah I know Udons not, but unless Im in a parrallel universe, Capcom kind of owns Street Fighter. So you're telling me they gave this over completely to Udon? Gameplay, hit boxes, animations, etc. Udon has sole say in how this thing goes down? I dont believe that.

6. I think Capcom said that the gameplay will not change at all--only the sprites will change. The art will just have to conform to Capcom's hit boxes, etc. Also the display will be in widescreen. Tsk, tsk Jetman--when you start making less sense than Advocate then theres something wrong.

7. It's not going to be in widescreen.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    It's not going to be in widescreen.
    balls.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Jetman View Post
    And yeah I know Udons not, but unless Im in a parrallel universe, Capcom kind of owns Street Fighter. So you're telling me they gave this over completely to Udon? Gameplay, hit boxes, animations, etc. Udon has sole say in how this thing goes down? I dont believe that.
    Capcom outlined the scope of the project as a frame-by-frame recreation of SSF2T with HD graphics and hired Backbone Entertainment to port the game to Xbox LIVE and PSN. Backbone, in turn, hired Udon to draw the HD frames for the game.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

10. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    It's not going to be in widescreen.
    From Sirlin's blog as to why that is.
    For Street Fighter, there can be no such magic. Stretching the characters to widescreen would be a high crime to me, and changing the game to be widescreen is beyond the scope of the project and would lead to too much complaining about it being a different game anyway. So bottom line, the game will not be stretched at all and it will have some kind of decorative stuff on the sides. Perhaps we will give you an option to stretch the game to widescreen if you want to (but know that I will shed a tear if you do).
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios