Page 3 of 222 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Super SF2 Turbo: HD Remix

1. One of the most popular games of the early ‘90s is reborn! Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, originally developed by Capcom for the arcade, makes its downloadable debut on the X-Box Live Arcade and PLAYSTATION Network. Capcom will stay true to the foundation of the popular game by utilizing the original game code, while creating a fresh upgraded experience with new artwork and high resolution 1080p graphics. All of the art will be completely redrawn and created by UDON Comics, which currently publishes the official Street Fighter comic and is responsible for the new contemporary look of the Street Fighter franchise.

Features:
    • Features all eighteen of the original Supe Street Fighter II Turbo characters including Ryu, Guile, M. Bison and Akuma
    • One to two player head-to-head play either offline or online
      • Single player vs. CPU
      • Player vs. player over the same console
      • Player vs. player online
    • Training mode helps fighters hone their skills
    • Numerous online features:
      • In-game voice chatting between players
      • Matchmaking flexibility through multiple options:
      • Personal and friends statistics tracking
      • Worldwide rankings and leaderboards
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

2. I ment re-drawn with super-shiny new high res sprites.

3. whoaaaaaa. I'm down.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    Sorry to play the skeptic, but Alvin Lee couldn't even stick to a monthly schedule of 22 pages for the comic, and even with those delays they still used fill-in artists multiple times. I'm having a hard time believing that he's single-handedly able to handle redrawing the hundreds, if not thousands, of frames of animation that comprise a fighting game. I fully anticipate that characters will be divvied up between multiple artists, which no amount of style guides are going to be able to make completely unnoticable.
    First of all, why are you bringing up Alvin Lee when he isn't mentioned anywhere else in this thread? Are you pushing that far to have something negative to say?

Second, are you crazy? How often does a SINGLE ANIMATOR animate an entire game? Especially something with as much animation as a fighting game? Yes, style guides are enough to make consistent animation. How do you think a Disney flick gets made?

Edit: About the game... haha

I didn't even mention that I'm glad that they're doing this, even thought it's rehash. I was thinking recently about how I'd love to see a game that really pushes 2d limits, something that makes use of hi-resolution and fluid animation. Capcom loves to overdo things (Puzzle Fighter HD) but it may start a trend that I'd be more than happy to see - more 2d games with great artwork.
    Last edited by Son of Bryce; 14 Apr 2007 at 04:45 AM.

5. sick, didnt yoshi make a rumor thread about it? or was that 4? either way hot. more of a reason not to get it on arcade yet.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

6. I wonder who the 18th character will be, and if this will have the Hyper SF2 character selection.
    I really wish they'd give SF1 a remake, and not just a graphical remake obviously. It would be a better starting point for a series of HD remakes, and is the SF game most in need of replacement.

7. On one hand, Im eager to see what these new sprites and the game will look like but on the other hand... this is fucking Street Fighter 2....AGAIN.

8. O-M-F-G PUZZLE FIGHTER FOR XBLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY ****ING FLYING NINJA HIPPOS PUZZLE FIGHTER IS CUMMING TO XBLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS THE BEST NEWS EVER..................

*********************E-V-E-R*********************

I will. I.....

********************W-I-L-L***********************

MAKE PASSIONATE LOVE TO MY XBOX 360 WHEN THIS GAME COMES OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOD THIS IS JUST...... I AM TEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FINALLY FINALLY .........F-I-N-A-L-L-Y!!!!!!!!

I AM GOING TO DO BACK FLIPS DOWN SUNSET BLVD!!!!!

I AM GOING RUN THROUGH THE ROSE BOWL BUCK NAKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M GOING TO GO SKYDIVING WITH THE VILLAGE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M GOING TO DRIVE THROUGH HOLLYWOOD BLVD CRASHING INTO EVERYTHING JAMES BROWN STYLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes yes YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. WTF is that post? I think somebody vomited all over the internet...

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

If this game sucking could get isamu to commit suicide, I might give Capcom a pass.