Page 6 of 222 FirstFirst ... 2456781020 ... LastLast

Thread: Super SF2 Turbo: HD Remix

1. Quote Originally Posted by Taito View Post
    SSFIIT is one-half of the most respected and most played SF titles, and is in more urgent need of a cosmetic 'remix' than 3rd Strike.
    If every game required a remake, perhaps. But this is not the case. Start with the one that will make the best product and sell me that.

2. I would rather have an SfII remake than an SfIII remake.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

3. Quote Originally Posted by Daitokuji View Post
    Now all they need is a decent joystick for the 360...
    Unless you commission a stick builder from the Shoryuken.com forums to build you one, this is the best commercial stick you can buy for the Xbox 360.

By the way, this is the greatest news ever this week.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

4. Quote Originally Posted by Destin View Post
    I would rather have an SfII remake than an SfIII remake.
    Personally I'd prefer if Udon stayed away from any SFIII project, HD sprites or no.

And SFII is the series that attained classic status in videogame history, while SFIII is just a great fighter. SFII deserves as many remakes as Tetris and Pac-Man have enjoyed.

There's a lot of fastidious sentiment over a genre that's still current because of FXI, Guilty Gear and.. Arcana Heart. I's scratch my head over the point of this project if SSFIIT didn't have a timeless following.

5. do we still not have the most important thing? release date?
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

6. Quote Originally Posted by Taito View Post
    And SFII is the series that attained classic status in videogame history, while SFIII is just a great fighter. SFII deserves as many remakes as Tetris and Pac-Man have enjoyed.
    SF2 was the bigger landmark in gaming history, but it's hard to deny that SF3 is an infinitely better game.

7. Quote Originally Posted by RDM Brian View Post
    do we still not have the most important thing? release date?
    The game has been in development for a month and a half. Give it some time.

8. The sprites look nice, but I wish they'd also spend some time jazzing up their online lobby as well. Maybe include some tournament ladders or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheebs View Post
    I ment re-drawn with super-shiny new high res sprites.
    Why do you give a fuck if the sprites are hi-res? Your TV can't display them at their proper HD resolution. Save some money and play it on Super Nintendo or something.

Also... weren't you complaining about how this generation is just "twice the resolution omg" is that not a valid complaint when its something you're interested in?

10. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    It's a completely relevant obeservation, because Udon is a comic studio, not an animation studio. It's comprised entirely of people with noticably differing styles (just as any comic studio is). All the style guides in the world aren't going to make a sprite drawn by Alvin Lee look like a sprite drawn by Long Vo or Corey Lewis, not in the resolution they're going for where the lineart is so defined.

Most animators have completely different styles, Milt Kahl had a distinctive style and way of drawing compared to Frank Thomas or Ollie Johnston, but that is what a Character Model Sheet is for, and what good clean up artists are for. I really don't see why you think it'll be such a challenge for them to make all the sprites look similar in art style. It really isn't as difficult as you think.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.