Page 7 of 222 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Super SF2 Turbo: HD Remix

1. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    SF2 was the bigger landmark in gaming history, but it's hard to deny that SF3 is an infinitely better game.
    I don't agree with that exactly, but I consider SFII and III as different as modern and pre-SotN Castlevanias.. mostly because of parrying rendering obsolete a lot of fundamental SFII strategies.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    SF2 was the bigger landmark in gaming history, but it's hard to deny that SF3 is an infinitely better game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taito View Post
    I don't agree with that exactly, but I consider SFII and III as different as modern and pre-SotN Castlevanias.. mostly because of parrying rendering obsolete a lot of fundamental SFII strategies.
    Most if not all the strategies of SF2 were basically wiped away, due to the parrying system. Turtling was the biggest and it was quite refreshing. Sure it looked nicer, but until SF3: Third Strike. SF3 was an okay sequel. Third strike made the game play faster and they added fan favorite Chun Li.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    Third strike made the game play faster and they added fan favorite Chun Li.
    Not to mention Makoto, Remy, Q, and a better soundtrack.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

4. Just so you know, only the BGs in Puzzle Fighter will be redrawn.

*plays capcom puzzle world happily*

5. Quote Originally Posted by Cowdisease View Post
    Unless you commission a stick builder from the Shoryuken.com forums to build you one, this is the best commercial stick you can buy for the Xbox 360.

By the way, this is the greatest news ever this week.
    Fuck those sticks are expensive!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Cowdisease View Post
    Not to mention Makoto, Remy, Q, and a better soundtrack.
    ::grumbles::
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

7. Redrawn sprites are cool and everything, but....SF2...again. I guess downloading it for a few bucks wouldn't hurt but dear God, let this be the last one. I mean, I like SF too but if there's still enough interest in the series to warrant 100 damn remakes/rereleases, just make a new game already

8. Quote Originally Posted by Xero_Kaiser View Post
    I guess downloading it for a few bucks wouldn't hurt but dear God, let this be the last one.
    This is why it won't be the last one.

I'll play the demo and say "hey this looks good in HD," but then I'll never touch it again because it's still fucking Street Fighter 2.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

9. Quote Originally Posted by Cowdisease View Post
    ...this is the best commercial stick you can buy for the Xbox 360.
    How the fuck did they get MS's permission for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

10. Quote Originally Posted by Stibbons View Post
    This is why it won't be the last one.

I'll play the demo and say "hey this looks good in HD," but then I'll never touch it again because it's still fucking Street Fighter 2.
    Eh, I've never fucked with any of the other remakes, or with that other SF they released on Live.

But I like Udon's artwork, so if this is only a few bucks then I'll think about it.