Thread: Pang: Magical Michael (Buster Bros. 5) for Nintendo DS

1. Nintendo DS Pang: Magical Michael (Buster Bros. 5) for Nintendo DS

Ten years after the last game in the series (Mighty Pang on CPS-II) there's a new Buster Bros. game coming from original developer Mitchell- on the Nintendo DS. Pang: Magical Michael uses both screens similar to Contra 4.

Instead of using wires and the quad-shot gun from Super Buster Bros., Michael the magician shoots columns of fire and playing cards. Besides the usual BB modes like Tour, Panic, etc. there is also a 2P vs. mode.

Rising Star Games will publish it in Europe for a Q4 release. So far it looks good. This should hopefully get a US publisher- if not, it's Day One Import time again.

2. I'm cautiously optimistic about this.
    I like Pang and Super Pang, but the series went downhill after that.
    Pang 3 and Mighty Pang added nothing to the formula but hideous graphics and obnoxious presentation.

3. screen gap = fuck you

day never, just die ds

4. Aw man, who's this lame dude? Where's the chunky ol' Buster Bros?

5. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Aw man, who's this lame dude? Where's the chunky ol' Buster Bros?
    It wouldn't surprise me to see the Buster Bros. characters appear as unlockable players. After they were MIA in Pang 3/Buster Buddies, they returned in Mighty Pang (which got rid of P3's 4 new characters). OTOH, I'll admit I like part 1 & 2's hand-drawn art over the pre-renders in the last two games.

The screen gap in Contra 4 wasn't a deal killer for me. Hopefully this ends up on XBLA like Metal Slug XX did.

6. I don't mind the screen gap when it treats the area between screens as though it exists as part of the continuity from what's happening on one screen to the next. I hate it when it doesn't, and stuff just magically warps across that inch gap instantaneously.

This looks to do the latter. Party foul.