Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Logan's Run remake in the works!

1. Logan's Run remake in the works!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070403...m_070403202832

Quote Originally Posted by yahoonews
    MADRID (AFP) - US filmmaker Joel Silver, who produced all of "The Matrix" films, said Tuesday he is planning a remake of the 1976 Oscar-winning science fiction classic "Logan's Run."

"I love the original material but I think that version is a bit silly," he told reporters in Barcelona where he was promoting his latest film "The Reaping" starring Academy Award-winner
    Hilary Swank.

Based on a 1967 novel by the same name, "Logan's Run" chronicles a future society which imposes a mandatory death sentence for all those turning 30 in order to avoid overpopulation and the depletion of natural resources.
    The film won an Academy Award for its visual effects and was nominated for two other
    Oscars.

"The Matrix" trilogy featured pioneering visuals such as characters dodging bullets in slow-motion and levitation fighting which were imitated by other films.

The first film in the series won four
    Academy Awards for technical achievement.
    I pretty excited about this one. It's pretty funny that I'd mentioned wanting to see this film remade, in Dolemite's thread.

2. I thought they already did this with The Island?

3. Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    I thought they already did this with The Island?
    I actually said that, during my thoughts on a remake of Logan's Run. The Island did share simularities to Free Jack as well.
    Last edited by gamevet; 14 Apr 2007 at 01:20 AM.

4. Uh... Bryan Singer's been talking about this since before he walked off X3 to do Superman Returns.

Jesusaurus, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

5. Matrix + Logan's Run = Equilibrium imo.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    Equilibrium

Anyone still have that gif?
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

See. Here's the thing. I love this movie. Regardless of how dated it is its pretty much perfect. All the people, all the time imo...

A remake is NOT necessary. Especially not some faggy Matrix shit. No sunglasses for Logan 5.

8. Just don't make it all green.

9. I've yet to see this movie but I hear about it all the fucking time.

10. The original was a delightfully 70's sci-fi cheese-fest.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    A remake is NOT necessary.
    95% of the remakes vomited out by Hollywood recently weren't necessary.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 17 Apr 2007 at 03:31 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww