Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Revoltor's pocket guide to exploitation films

1. lol, I was kinda dissapointed by I Drink Your Blood. It wasn't very gory at all. If i could remake any old movie it would be this because the premise is so fucking good but i don't think it was executed to the full extent it could have been. The black guy is awesome though.

2. Igor and the Lunatics http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089326/

Is mostly infamous because midway through the movie they switch the cast to portray the same characters. No explanation is given as to why and most of them don't even look the same.
    "I see the world didn't end yesterday."

"Are you sure?"

LordPerrin is a pecker checker.

4. No mention of "Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!"? I'm disappointed in you, Revoltor.
    Time for a change

5. I never watched it. It's finally on DVD but it's like 50 bucks so fuck that. I'll get around to it someday. If it means anything, I do own White Slaves of Chinatown (the olga trilogy disc Something Weird put out)

What sold I DRINK YOUR BLOOD was the setup about a little boy avenging his grandfather by feeding the offending hippies a bunch of rabies infected pies. The innocence of it all and the insanity that ensues is awesome. It's sort of like CABIN FEVER/EBOLA SYNDROME where everyone is playing "tag" with a virus.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

6. Check libraries, especially university ones. I saw it in a 'cult films' class, it was available for check-out.
    Time for a change

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post

Seriously, that poster has everything an exploition movie poster should ever have: over-the-top tag lines, explosions, people fighting, the hero with hot chicks hanging all over him while his gun is firing in some random direction, etc.
    Rudy Ray Moore is so bad. He can punch out a honky and shoot a mouse at the same time.

8. Totally off the subject, but have you seen Rudy Ray Moore do Stand up? That man would make Red Foxx Blush.

9. Quote Originally Posted by adol View Post
    Totally off the subject, but have you seen Rudy Ray Moore do Stand up? That man would make Red Foxx Blush.
    Yes, I have. Rudy did a show at B.B. King's Blues Club in NYC a few years ago and my gf and I went. Great fucking show.

I still kick my my own ass daily for not thinking of bringing a camera with me.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

10. Fight for Your Life is just wrong on so many levels -- and yet so enjoyable.

I'd add Herschell Gordon Lewis's genius to the list, particularly what could be my favorite The Wizard of Gore.
    Last edited by PKBMax; 20 Apr 2007 at 10:55 PM.
    Backloggery
    GameTZ

Go home and be a family man.