Page 1 of 15 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: [Drugs and Personal Responsibility] An old but true story about the workplace..

1. WTF [Drugs and Personal Responsibility] An old but true story about the workplace..

Where to begin.......

Ok for the longest time I was currently employed working two jobs. One job being an Arcade which i seriously loved to death working with Cab repair and board installation.

The other job is working graveyards at a Gas Station to bring in the extra cash for the month. This story is about the 2nd job.

Awhile back the company was bought out from it's current status and sold to C.L. Thomos. *They own Wendy's if you know of em* Well as with any new company they do what I've called the ritual changing of the Staff.

Now my old manager Angel had worked for the company & in this store for about 8 years give or take so it was pretty much 'her' store & nobody previously had bothered to even consider moving her to a new store....until now.

Now I wasn't really concerned with new management seeing as I probably won't see much of this new person. Angel was moved out of her old store to probably one of the worst shitholes of a store location in Austin.

Example I worked at that store on a loaner for Saturday Night and I could swear there were more people high & drunk then those that were clean or sober. Of course nevermind the fact I was supposed to leave at 6am & somebody didn't finally show up until 10:15am. Granted I got paid for it but I was still pissed because I couldn't get ahold of anyone.

Anyways this new manager Wanda who's been with this company for 12 years apparently had an odd version of MS and thus even tho she could walk, she was confined to a wheelchair for a duration of time. I.E. She moved around the store in her wheelchair.

More or less not even the 1st week there, she cuts my 32 hour week schedule to 8 fucking hours. Of course I'm pissed and finally get my ass up early seeing as I'm usually dead asleep by 7:30am to have it out with her about her cutting my hours. I was pretty civil about it and her excuse was that she didn't know me...ect ect blah blah.

Now what she also brought up which really twitched my nerves was she came to this store and she brought her crew with her & with her crew they have shaped up stores ect ect. She mentioned of course this was the 1st store in awhile she hadn't had to worry about that.

Now of course with new managers they try to feel you out by giving you the work kind of work I hate.

The 'Find shit to do work'. I.E. Outside of your normal job you have to do crap that you normally never bothered with due to having enough work on top of it. One thing which i hate was counting Cigs seeing as my totals never came up short on Beer/Cigs because I kept track of everything I sold/did.

Well moving onto the 3rd week of this new manager I was off aptly monday & tuesday which of course I was at my other job & literally had nothing to do with the store.

Well I show up wednesday night and get into my new set of bullshit side jobs that i have to do on top of my normal joyous work projects at night.
    Well one regular customer came in and asked how Angel was doing since he saw her this morning.

Now it didn't click at 1st but I said I didn't know because angel didn't work at this location anymore. Now the customer said he saw her here & I was like 'Well maybe she was getting some supplies for her own store' He said he agreed and didn't think anything else about it.

Well moving on later tonight one of my older Co-Workers that Angel took with her to the new store came in and talked to me.

Her: Hey Sweetie, what's up?

Me:Nothing much. Same ole. Same ole.

Her:Hey so have you talked to Angel yet?

Me:No? Why?

Her:Well I dunno if I should be telling you this but.....Wanda got fired.

Me:.................what?

Her: Yeah she's been gone 3 days now.

Me:WTF! Why?

Her:Well....she failed her drug test & the company let her go.

Me:.....*utterly stunned*

Her:Yeah Wanda's employees in this store don't even know yet.

Me:Well.....fuck.....

During this point it started getting real busy so she said she'd talk to me later. Now of course I was manually counting Cigs and was at pack One-Thousand Two-Hundred and Fifty-one. I went back to counting cigs and before I was even 10 more packs in....

Me:WTF AM I STILL DOING THIS SHIT FOR?

More or less I'm still dumbstruck by this crap. All that shit she filled me about teamwork, working together, cleaning up the store, & working together to get things going better *As if I didn't do a good job already* It's like....and this bitch got fired for failing a drug test?

Sometimes life makes no fucking sense......

Has anyone else here had retarded shit like this happen?
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

2. Everyone does drugs. Doesn't mean she was full of bullshit.

3. I'm sorry but if you're a manager of a store and you're trying to set an example for your employees the last thing you should be doing is drugs.

btw I have never nor have I ever considered doing Drugs, Drinking or Smoking.

~BonusKun

Edit: fyi I found out later she was smoking crack so yeah what a real example of a Great Manager.

If it's one thing I've learned, people are reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally fucking hypocritical.

So when the people at work start talking about "we've gotta work together" and "we're going to do it old school, just like in the army" (1 person in charge is a former army vet), I just ignore all that talk and move on about my business because things never change.

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    btw I have never nor have I ever considered doing Drugs, Drinking or Smoking.
    You are the last of your kind.

6. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    I'm sorry but if you're a manager of a store and you're trying to set an example for your employees the last thing you should be doing is letting your employees know you do drugs.
    fixed.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    You are the last of your kind.
    Yeah I know. I just really have no real care to do the shit. I've never been interested.

8. I had some awesome times on Drugs.
    Boo, Hiss.

9. I've had a lot of awesome times not on drugs. And I never worry about failing drug tests, or destroying relationships with a few moments of idiocy, or wasting my money on/risking my health with bad stuff, etc., etc. If I may get on my high horse again: your life has to be pretty sad if you feel you have to run to drugs. Then to come on and act like drugs are this great thing? Even sadder.

As for the original topic: yeah, this bullshit happens all the time. If it's not drugs, it's often something else. Just keep yourself centered and do your work with excellence. Good people tend to give up too easily, in my experience.

10. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    More or less I'm still dumbstruck by this crap. All that shit she filled me about teamwork, working together, cleaning up the store, & working together to get things going better *As if I didn't do a good job already* It's like....and this bitch got fired for failing a drug test?
    You should go give her shit for having done that. Added irony imo.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"