Thread: 360 wireless controller on the Mac... help?

1. 360 wireless controller on the Mac... help?

Picked up the 360 wireless controller + USB dongle pack today, with the intent on using the controller on my Mac for MAME and whatnot. Installed the homebrew drivers, and in the System Prefs panel, everything on the controller registers.

But... from there, I've got no clue. Nothing is picking up that the controller actually exists. Is anybody using a 360 controller, wired or wireless, on a Mac with the 360Prefs driver? Any help as to what I need to do?
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

2. This article might help you, Shidoshi.

http://www.tuaw.com/2007/04/16/tuaw-...x-360-and-mac/
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

3. I've got the dongle and have used it in OS X. It took me about 45 minutes to get it to work correctly. The directions are a little misleading, but all you have to do is press the button on the dongle and then immediately press the guide button on the controller. The directions had me pressing the dongle and waiting for it to finish its light show before pressing the button on the controller.

You know you got it when you press the trigger buttons and get rumble.

If you have any problems with it let me know.
    Finished Games of '09
    nothing at this time

4. My problem isn't getting it to sync up with my Mac - that's easy. My problem is getting it to DO ANYTHING after that.

From what I now understand, support for the wireless dongle in the Mac 360 controller driver still isn't very developed, so a lot of emulators (such as MAME) simply can't see it yet.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

5. Mine works under MacMame, Nestopia. I haven't tried any other emulators yet.
    Finished Games of '09
    nothing at this time