Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ken Kutaragi

1. I forgot the man was asian. oops.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

2. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    I saw the "-2007" without really seeing the first date and thought he died.
    That's exactly what I did. I perked up in my chair for a second (not because I want him dead, just that him dead would be pretty big game news)

3. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig View Post
    He's not really retiring. He's just stepping down from one high-ranking job to a marginally less high-ranking job.
    He was Japan-fired, for all intents and purposes. He fucked up and now they'll letting him stay on as a worthless figurehead until he decides to quit. Same thing happened to Yokoi and Sakaguchi.

4. Quote Originally Posted by sethsez View Post
    He was Japan-fired, for all intents and purposes. He fucked up and now they'll letting him stay on as a worthless figurehead until he decides to quit. Same thing happened to Yokoi and Sakaguchi.
    Thats not just a Japanese thing. They do that in America all the time.

"You fucked up and we cant let you run shit anymore, but you made an assload of cash for us in the past, so we will let you go with a pat on the back"
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

5. Pat on the back? Is that what they call severance pay in the multi-millions? It's really amazing that so many scum bags that drove companies into the dirt get the best rewards for doing so.

6. Quote Originally Posted by sethsez View Post
    Sega did the same thing to Tom Kalinske in 1995, only the just stripped him of all decision-making power as opposed to making him leave his position.