Thread: WIN XP won't let me view php files offline anymore...

1. WIN XP won't let me view php files offline anymore...

So I just recently installed service pack 2 on this windows xp machine.

When I try to view .php files (or .cfm files for that matter) in anything (IE, firefox, my web page editing program) it won't let me view them anymore, it just opens a blank webpage that says:

Action Cancelled - Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The page might be temporarily unavailable.

I'm pretty sure it has to do with the little pop up window that comes up with service pack 2 that says "do you really want to open this file YES/NO".

The php files I'm trying to view aren't db files or anything, they are just normal pages with a php extension and I was able to view and edit them with zero problem before I downloaded the update.

Please help someone.

2. Save the page and open them in a text editor. Or just view the source, and copy them to a new file
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

3. I can view the source for any webpage regardless of extension. But unless it's a .htm or .html file, it won't display the actual page, it just gives me the Action Cancelled - Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The page might be temporarily unavailable. error.