Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pretty good interview if I do say so myself

1. Pretty good interview if I do say so myself

http://games.kikizo.com/features/tetris_iv_dec07_p1.asp

Sadly some of the best stuff in the interview(about the Homocide/suicide by Pokhilko) was accidentaly cut from publication.

I will see if they can restore that fast.

Nice read. It's like the continuation of their stories from David Sheff's Game Over to the present day.

I'm not completely convinced of this, though -
    Rogers: Yes I started Bullet Proof Software, and we actually produced the very first Japanese RPG.
    I assume he's talking about Black Onyx like in Game Over but Koei's Danchizuma no Yuuwaku has a copyright from the previous year (1983) based on info on the internet anyway. I'm pretty sure it's an RPG.

3. That's an excellent read, but now I'm curious about the details that were left out.

4. Still waiting to hear back for that.

Vladimir Pokhilko was a friend of Alexey Pajitnov and Henk Rogers brought them over to the US after the fall of the iron curtain and Pokhilko started giving lectures and started his own company.
    His company was troubled from the start and he needed 20 million dollars fast to turn around the company and its fortunes.
    Thinking he had failed to secure funding he went batshit insane and killed his wife and son and then commited suicide leaving only a note saying: Just know that I do exist, signed The Davil.

Ironically a week after those acts a letter arrived from Japan from an investor saying he had tried to contact Pokhilko for quite a while and couldnt get a hold of him and asking where to send the 20 million dollars to that Pokhilko`s company needed.

5. Wow, that's awful.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Almaci View Post
    Thinking he had failed to secure funding he went batshit insane and killed his wife and son and then commited suicide leaving only a note saying: Just know that I do exist, signed The Davil.
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was a little more than financial stress that led him to this. I'm no psychiatrist, though.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was a little more than financial stress that led him to this. I'm no psychiatrist, though.
    Exactly, after the autopsy they found out he had a psychological disorder and dual personalities and the stress triggered that.
    This has not been published anywhere ever before so you guys are the first to read this(because Kikizo ommited the parts about Pokhilko).

Vladimir was a brilliant man and the work he did with Animatek was ahead of its time, both Pajitnov and Rogers had great respect for the man.
    Rogers said that the person who did those things was not Pokhilko and the Vladimir he knew was a great man, smart and with a great sense of humor.

8. At least they didn't blame it on video games.

9. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    At least they didn't blame it on video games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Almaci View Post
    This has not been published anywhere ever before so you guys are the first to read this(because Kikizo ommited the parts about Pokhilko).
    JACK THOMPSON IS READING THIS THREAD! OH NOES!

10. Almaci: Do you write for this publication?