Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Joost

1. PC Joost

Just stumbled across this and figured a few of you would be interested in it. Its a new free service thats in final beta.

Joost is a new way of watching TV on the internet. With Joost, you get all the things you love about TV, including a high-quality full-screen picture, hundreds of full-length shows and easy channel-flipping.

You get great internet features too, such as search, chat and instant messaging, built right into the program - so you find shows quickly and talk to your friends while you watch. And with no schedules to worry about, you can watch whatever you want, whenever you like - as often as you want. Joost is completely free, and works with most modern PCs and Intel Mac-based computers with a broadband connection.

I'm not really a big tv watcher, but the whole concept seems neat, plus some of the new channels actually have me interested like the game channel and the XL channel. You can check out a bigger listing of channels on the site.

http://www.joost.com

Anyone in the beta?

2. I'm on joost and it kinda sucks

the game channel is especially horrible because it apparently only covers games released upwards of six months ago

3. Hmm maybe programming will get better after beta heh. Any of the video channels worth a crap?

4. im in but it wont ever let me connect. have all firewall ports opened both in windows and on the router, even tried full access in both places and no go. also tried different versions of the install with the same prob

edit: nm must have been having backend server issues earlier
    Last edited by D_N_G; 08 May 2007 at 11:11 PM.

5. btw anyone want an invite, just let me know

6. I wouldn't mind an invite to check it out.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. Does it require Windows? I wouldn't mind an invite either.

8. need email addys for invites. there is a mac install on the site

9. sweet, thanks man.

matt@fitaculous.com

(that email is already plastered all over the web, so I don't care about it getting spammed)

10. I watched ATHF, the transformers channel and a channel called fifth gear which reviewed a porsche and ferrari. Not too bad at all.