Page 1 of 8 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Mayweather v De La Hoya

Mayweather v De La Hoya

Time to fight. Go!
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

2. I don't like De La Hoya. I like Mayweather less. Pulling for Oscar, for once.

3. I'm not a big fan of Mayweather, he's got no respect for his opponents. I remember watching one of his early matches, where he was losing on the score cards and doing too much showboating. The next round Mayweather knocked out his opponent.

I'm hoping Oscar catches him with a hook and stuns him just enough for a good pounding.
    Last edited by gamevet; 05 May 2007 at 11:43 PM.

4. I really wanted to watch this fight

I'm pulling for De La Hoya
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

Boring fight. Mayweather did what he does best and won, predictably. I said prior to the fight, if it goes 12 Mayweather with his faster hands will win on the cards. I hoped De La Hoya would be able to open him up a little though with some inside stuff. That didn't happen.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

6. I thought the compu-box (or whatever the fuck it's called) numbers weren't even close to reality. De La Hoya blocked many, many shots and deserved the decision based on the fact that he was the champion and the aggressor. I hate fucking "one and out" boxers like Mayweather.

So do I. But De La Hoya was a 20 little girl punches in a row and no more punches for the rest of the round for most of that fight. Full marks to him for blocking most of those mayweather shots though.

Compubox can eat a dick.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

8. De La Hoya was clearly the aggressor. Like he said in the post-fight interview, without him there would have been no fight.

Mayweather is fast as hell, but De La Hoya did block a lot of that.

I just don't see it. De Lay Hoya pushed the action and delivered the harder shots throughout the entire fight.

It was a good fight, but nothing near the "fight to save boxing" hype.
    Backloggery
    GameTZ

Go home and be a family man.

No in fact I think this fight put the nail in boxing's coffin.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

10. Dreamcast

2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion