Page 1 of 18 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Devs: Wii is Essentially GameCube 1.5

1. News Devs: Wii is Essentially GameCube 1.5

Yes, we've heard it before, but after spending time with the Wii now two independent developer sources claim the GameCube 1.5 moniker is mostly accurate, and a dev support person from Nintendo even admitted that the chipset is like a GameCube with added memory.

More...
    (Link to GameDaily.com)

2. He says the Wii isn't as powerful as Xbox1 because it doesn't have built-in shaders. BS.

That's like saying machine language isn't as poweful as C++. It's only true if you're a lazy dev. If they'd put in the effort, the games would look better than GC.
    No gnus is good gnus.

3. And all the Xbox 1 games looked better then the GC as well... what's your point?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Devs: Wii is Essentially GameCube 1.5

Entire World: No Shit
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

5. IBTN

6. Devs: Wii is Essentially GameCube 1.5

Entire World: Then why do all your games look like GameCube 0.5?

edit: forgot the closing tag: [/joust]

7. Why does Nintendo make it so easy?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. Quote Originally Posted by RoleTroll View Post
    He says the Wii isn't as powerful as Xbox1 because it doesn't have built-in shaders. BS.

That's like saying machine language isn't as poweful as C++. It's only true if you're a lazy dev. If they'd put in the effort, the games would look better than GC.
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by gamedailybiz

According to the sources, unlike the original Xbox, the Wii does not have programmable shaders and its fixed-function design is "pretty similar" to Nvidia's seven-year-old GeForce2. "The Wii's GPU has fixed functions for vertex, lighting, and pixel operations... The Wii is an older fixed function design where you have lots of operations but the pipelines are not programmable in the sense of downloading shader code to run [on them]," said one source.
    Last edited by gamevet; 10 May 2007 at 12:51 AM.

9. What gets me is that the GC could do great graphics. Developers are putting zero effort into the Wii since most games so far look way below what the GC could do.

And yet people are buying many Wiis... If I were a developer I'd toss some money at Wii development to see if any of those droves of Wii owners want to buy a game.

Just a crazy thought.

10. Quote Originally Posted by linked article
    Microsoft's Robbie Bach, president of the Entertainment and Devices Division, recently fanned the flames when he told eWeek that the Wii doesn't even have the graphics horsepower that Xbox 1 had.
    Somebody from MS saying something shockingly negative about a competitor's product? You'd be insane not to belive every word.