Thread: The Bourne Identity impressions/thoughts

The Bourne Identity impressions/thoughts

I saw The Bourne Identity last night and I personally was a little disapointed. While the scenery and setting is nice I didn't think the story stood out from any other spy type Movies. Matt Damon plays a man who cannot remember who he is but has some amazing fighting skills, and people trying to kill him. There are some nice fight sequences but nothing stands out. Though Matt Damon did a good job as Jason Bourne. Best part was a exiting Car chase, as for the rest see a Matinee but probally don't pay full price.

I'm hoping Windtalkers is better.

So what did ya think?

Korian

2. And here is Ebert's review for Bourne Identity:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/eber...-bourne14f.html

More complains Its an action movie for the purpose of action ! Now thats a great thought, what else action film supposed to do? Be a Shekspear like drama, and even then critics would bitch about unproper use of dramatic elements and lame characters

Its like when Eberts former collegue, Gene Siskel, wrote in his review of The Rock, It had soo much action, it tired me out. If you cant handle action films, dont watch them, and dont speak bad of them in your reviews, if you cant enjoy the film because you biased against it.

I will hopefully see both BI and Windtalkers tomorrow, with a friend, and will post my thoughts here as well.

3. Well, Dont pay any attention to the post above

As I planned, I saw Bourne Identity today, and I enjoyed, a lot I didnt expected the film to be good, and was very pleasantly surprised. Interesting plot. great action scenes(both fight in the appartment and last gun fight were very inventive and cool. I just love the part when he used the body of fat agent to fly down the stairs and shot another one while falling, and Matt Damon did great during fight scenes. Plus it was fun see him firing 2 guns And sniper duel was cool too), I liked Matt Damon in it, he did good in both acting and action. Unlike Lame and Boring Bad Company, this was a cool, fun spy action film.

4. I saw it yesterday... well, sorta today. At one o'clock in the morning Saturday night/Sunday morning, that is.

I think it was pretty good... But I'm horrible when it comes to paying complete attention.. I always like to see movies twice before I can apreciate them...

I'm a mess.

I think the car chase was decent... wasn't mind-blowing... but now that I think about it, that driver was pretty sick... Those were some narrow passages...

Oh yea, why did the shotgun blast sounds so nice? Damn was good. Good acting.

5. SPOILER!!!!! (sorta)

Was I the only one who jumped when the guy busts through the glass in the apartment? It caught me off guard.
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

6. That part got me as well It was pretty cool, and the fight that followed was good as well. It looked real and old fashioned, no crazy wire work, but good fight choreography.

I also like the part when Damon got that shotgun, and went Good Will Hunting

7. Originally posted by Despair
    Well, Dont pay any attention to the post above

As I planned, I saw Bourne Identity today, and I enjoyed, a lot I didnt expected the film to be good, and was very pleasantly surprised. Interesting plot. great action scenes(both fight in the appartment and last gun fight were very inventive and cool. I just love the part when he used the body of fat agent to fly down the stairs and shot another one while falling, and Matt Damon did great during fight scenes. Plus it was fun see him firing 2 guns And sniper duel was cool too), I liked Matt Damon in it, he did good in both acting and action. Unlike Lame and Boring Bad Company, this was a cool, fun spy action film.
    I agree with Despair. I just got back from watching it about an hour ago and I really enjoyed it. Good action scenes and I thought Matt Damon did a fine job pulling off the killing machine/agent role.