Thread: eBook Reading devices

1. eBook Reading devices

I'm considering getting one for my wife because she really loves reading and I'm looking for info from anyone who uses these. I'm really only interested in the stand alone readers as opposed to PDA devices doubling as a reader too. Here is the one that caught my eye: http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE...S=ebook_device
    I'm a little hesitant because it doesn't have a back lit screen but besides that it seems to be everything she would want. Are there better options? It's surprisingly hard to find info on stand alone eBook readers so any help here would be great, thanks.

2. Demand back lighting from all electronics you plan on actually using your eyes with.
    Boo, Hiss.

3. I use the Tapwave Zodiac II. Check out of it meets your specifications. The screen is the largest I have seen on any device.

4. I'm interested in this as well, I have a massive ammount of ebooks on my computer, but I hate sitting down in front front of my pc to read it all, I want something portable.

5. Why not just upload them to a PSP? I don't know if Ebooks have a specific format but I do know that the PSP will display .txt files.

laptop or gtfo.