Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sequels that have outdone their predecessors...

zidane747 Guest

Sequels that have outdone their predecessors...

It's the age old fact: originals are much better than sequels. Halloween 3-6? MK Annihalation? But there are rare occasions when the second part out does the original. What are some sequels that are better than the originals? I don't even have to explain my pick,let alone name it.

Well, this isn't the movie industry. Most video game sequels DO surpass the originals.

3. Well, this isn't the movie industry. Most video game sequels DO surpass the originals.
    Yeah, I agree. Sequels are usually better. Even if it's just a graphics upgrade, it usually makes the newer game more enjoyable than the original.

I think there are far fewer cases of the original being better than the sequel.

4. Neat.

5. Well, if I had to select a few sequels that really stood out and blew away the original I'd have to list...

Sim City 2000 (the added depth and perspective made it a whole new game)

Mario World 2 (I know, Mario World is technically a standard Mario game, but you understand)

Mega Man 2 (seemed more balanced, had better weapons and better levels)

While I may get flamed for it, I felt Star Fox 64 was an amazing sequel to the original (did the second ever come out in Japan? I don't think so, but I may be wrong).

6. another metal gear solid 2 propaganda thread by zidane.

7. Originally posted by Nash
    another metal gear solid 2 propaganda thread by zidane.
    Sad, but true. What makes it even worse is how much better MGS is then MGS:SOL...

I'd like to add Sonic Adventure 2 as a far, far better game then SA.

8. Originally posted by Jimmy Carter
    did Star Fox 2 ever come out in Japan? I don't think so, but I may be wrong.
    Unfortunately, Star Fox 2 was released nowhere. It was cancelled everywhere.

9. Originally posted by MechDeus
    Sad, but true. What makes it even worse is how much better MGS is then MGS:SOL...

I'd like to add Sonic Adventure 2 as a far, far better game then SA.
    Former: yes. Latter: no.

Hey Zidane, when's that MGS2:Substance thread comin'?

10. Heh, wasn't this thread about how the originals are usually better than the sequels?

Nice one, Zidane.
    It's a mirror image!