Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sequels that have outdone their predecessors...

1. Then we will have to note some more fighters which sequels were far superior than original games:

MK 2 was much better than MK
    GGX is better than GG
    VF4 is way better than original VF
    Tekken 3 is better than Tekken

2. VF4 is better then Tekk- Oh, nevermind.

Fighters do tend to be the one genre where they're always consistantly improved with each iteration. There's a few problems here and there, but those are the exception, not the rule.

3. Originally posted by MechDeus
    VF4 is better then Tekk- Oh, nevermind.

Fighters do tend to be the one genre where they're always consistantly improved with each iteration. There's a few problems here and there, but those are the exception, not the rule.
    MK4 would be one of those.

4. Or Plazma Sword as another example of awful sequel to good game.

5. These are some more examples:

•Winning Eleven 6
    • DDR MAX 2
    • San Francisco Rush 2049
    • Tokyo Extreme Racer Zero
    • Sakura Taisen 3
    • Sonic 2
    • Metroid 2
    • Shining Force 3
    • Grand Theft Auto 3
    • Unreal Tournament
    • Dynasty Warriors 3
    • Colin McRae Rally 2
    • Megaman Legends 2
    • Gigawing 2
    • Gunbird 2

VOOT? w00t.

6. Street Fighter III 2nd Impact & 3rd Strike, also.

Originally posted by Nash

um... street fighter 2.

7. here're some sequals that i think were effin' amazing compared to the first games in the series.

sonic 2: this game was wwaaaaaaaaay better than sonic 1. the level design, music, character animations and just about everything else in this was top notch. then along came sonic 3 and sonic and knuckles. those games were good and all, but sonic 2 whoops 'em in my eyes.

mega man 2: this game pretty much set the standard for every mega man game after it. lot's of people are tired of the whole thing but i still enjoy it.

king of fighters 95: two words: team edit

mega man legends 2: legends 1 was a lil boring at times and i didn't think that legends 2 would be that great, but i'm glad i was wrong about it. i really love that game.

oh, and the only really good example of a bad sequal i can think of right now is...

alundra 2: what the hell were they thinkin' with this game?

sonic 2: this game was wwaaaaaaaaay better than sonic 1. the level design, music, character animations and just about everything else in this was top notch. then along came sonic 3 and sonic and knuckles. those games were good and all, but sonic 2 whoops 'em in my eyes.
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2 was the game for me in the 16-bit days. I probably have every song and level memorized form how much I played that damn thing.

9. Tomb Raider 2 is 10 times better than TR, and I still don't see what so many ppl thinks TR series is crap; I love every one of them

10. Originally posted by MajinRyu
    Tomb Raider 2 is 10 times better than TR, and I still don't see what so many ppl thinks TR series is crap; I love every one of them
    i think tomb raider 1 is better than tomb raider 2, but i still love the entire series.