Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3.6 Million PS3s Sold; Sony Profit Falls 68%

1. News 3.6 Million PS3s Sold; Sony Profit Falls 68%

Is the worst over for Sony? That's what some analysts are saying. The game division lost almost $2 million but PS3 is expected to ramp up significantly during the current fiscal year and Sony is anticipating record profit for the whole company. More within...

More...
    (Link to GameDaily.com)

2. lol@sony?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

3. This is the original Business Week article that gamedaily missed an important part of

However, investors were in for a nasty surprise on May 16: Sony failed to hit its own PS3 sales targets, Chief Financial Officer Nobuyuki Oneda said. Although the company had forecast global shipments of 6 million machines by the Mar. 31 end of its fiscal year, its factories made and sent off just 5.5 million. Worse, the actual number of PS3s in stores was closer to 3.6 million. The remaining 1.9 million were either sitting in warehouses or en route to stores, leaving as much as $1.1 billion in inventory. Perhaps that's why the company chose to stick to a more conservative sales forecast of 11 million units this year.
    3.6 million to stores not consumers which makes it even worse.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

4. News 3.6 Million PS3s Sold; Sony Profit Falls 68%

Is the worst over for Sony? That's what some analysts are saying. The game division lost almost $2 billion but PS3 is expected to ramp up significantly during the current fiscal year and Sony is anticipating record profit for the whole company. More within...

More...
    (Link to GameDaily.com)

5. Wouldn't selling less PS3s be better for Sony in the short term? Sony takes a massive loss on each console and the attach rate is too low to compensate for it.

6. Lik-Sang curse still in full effect I believe.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

7. so SONY ships 3.6 million since what? last november? MS has shipped a little over 10 million since november the year before?

i don't really think it's lol @ SONY time considering they have essentially a system that's twice the price with no blockbusters and have shipped a 1/3 of what MS has in a 1/3 of the time.

8. Don't count out the 360 wasn't buy worthy the first 6-8 months of its existence either.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

9. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Wouldn't selling less PS3s be better for Sony in the short term? Sony takes a massive loss on each console and the attach rate is too low to compensate for it.
    you do realize that the consoles sitting in store inventories have already BEEN sold to said retailers right?
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

10. Quote Originally Posted by dick tip pucker View Post
    so SONY ships 3.6 million since what? last november? MS has shipped a little over 10 million since november the year before?

i don't really think it's lol @ SONY time considering they have essentially a system that's twice the price with no blockbusters and have shipped a 1/3 of what MS has in a 1/3 of the time.
    Shipped.

Not sold. Don't forget that almost all of those systems are now sitting on store shelves.

Meanwhile the 360s were sold out for how long?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.