Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTB: Sega Saturn style controller for PS2

1. Quote Originally Posted by Kaneda View Post
    Well, if you can get me one without gouging me too bad I'd be interested. I scoured the streets of Tokyo for months looking for the stupid things and didn't see one pad the whole time.
    I'll stop by the Recycle Shops again this weekend to see if they still have them. The one I got my Saturn from had quite a few a few months ago when I bought my Saturn, because I was able to convince them to throw in an extra controller for free.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. hook a brotha up bbobb. I need me one saturn ps2 pad as well.
    Last edited by soundwave; 18 May 2007 at 02:57 AM.

3. I think bbobb is talking about actual Saturn pads while Kaneda means the new PS2 specific saturn-style pads.

Crafter, what you need to do is get someone from a messageboard to make you an adaptor for Saturn->PS. There's probably someone over at shmups on the hardware board that'll do it.

4. Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    I think bbobb is talking about actual Saturn pads while Kaneda means the new PS2 specific saturn-style pads.

Crafter, what you need to do is get someone from a messageboard to make you an adaptor for Saturn->PS. There's probably someone over at shmups on the hardware board that'll do it.
    Hrrrmmmm this is possible.

There's a sega made saturn-style pad for the PS2? I thought there was only the Hori ones. Anybody have any links?

I'm confused I guess.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. bbobb, I was kind of thinking maybe you thought just normal Saturn pads but had my fingers crossed that you had hit a gold mine of the things. Regular Saturn pads are a dime a dozen, as you said. The PS2 ones were released in limited supply at 2200 yen so they went quick. Some of the shops in Akiba hadn't even heard of em.
    Last edited by Kaneda; 18 May 2007 at 03:04 AM.

6. Oh shit... that looks awesome.

I'll still do some looking about. The nice thing about being in the boonies is sometimes rare as hell shit shows up for reasonable prices.

7. That's SEGA for you. They go to the trouble to design and make a thing, but they'll be damned if they make enough so people can actually buy it.

8. Okay, excellent. I don't suppose anyone here has the ability to make a Saturn --> PS2 converter? I'll keep looking around. I had no idea these things were so rare. I just want to play some SFA:A without crippling my hands.

9. I don't know of anyone making a saturn to ps2 converter per se, but you can pretty easily hack up a saturn pad to work on the ps2. There is a site somewhere that goes into more detail on how to do this.

I opened up the saturn pad took out the chip and removed the cable. then soldered a db15 extension cable to the pins on the saturn pad. The other end of the cable ran to a small project box with a hacked up psone pad. Check out this site, because I don't think I did a very good way of explaining myself http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jdpyle1/controls.htm

The only thing that I guess I did diferently than them was soldering to where the chip was rather than the button pads. I think my picture below offers a better explanation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SATURNPA.JPG 
Views:	121 
Size:	130.8 KB 
ID:	24926