Thread: Just cover shipping and send me review

1. Just cover shipping and send me review

I received in the mail today, Nyko Wireless Sensor Bar for Wii and Wii modchip for review. Along with it, I got something for the Xbox. Its a LG-8164 DVD adapter. I no longer have an Xbox. So whoever has a failed DVD Drive and/or would like to give this a shot, its yours so as long you cover shipping and send me a review of the product. If you want to donate a little extra, its fine with me as well

This is the description that the manufacturer gave

Replacing your failed DVD drive just got easier, with Talismoon�s 8164 solderless adapter. This device allows you to use an LG GDR-8164B DVD drive with your original Xbox. Repairing your Xbox just got cheaper and easier! In addition, the LG GDR-8164B drive reads CDs at 52x and DVDs at 16x, which means that you will also experience faster read speeds (up to 8 times faster than OEM). Fast read speeds means faster load speeds, which is less time waiting when you could be playing.

Installation consists of using 2 PCBs to reroute the signals to pass through Xbox connectors. It takes less than 5 minutes to use the included ribbon cables to accomplish this, and no special tools are required to install the adapter.

The LG GDR-8164B has native support for reading the following disc types:
    CD-R
    CD-RW
    DVD-R
    DVD+R

The LG GDR-8164B (with adapter installed) will work with Xbox versions 1.0-1.6. Your Xbox must already be modded to take advantage of the full features of this item.

2. Which wii modchip is it?

3. CycloWiz v2. They now come with a switch for when upgrading.

I want to try out the open source (WiiFree) but I dont have a PIC programmer or anything like that. Plus its cheap as hell. $5 for the PIC and like $25 for the programmer. You need the programmer to upgrade the PIC with any new releases until WiiFree gets DVD upgrades available. OpenWii is the first open source code to be able to do that.

4. I would like to try the xbxo 8164 adapter if you still have it. Just tell me how much shipping is.

5. I'd wager it's risen quite a bit in the 12 years since he posted this thread.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    I'd wager it's risen quite a bit in the 12 years since he posted this thread.
    HEy did you ever get my PM about Segata?
    6-6-98 - 6-6-18 Happy 20th Anniversary TNL

7. I don't think I ever followed up with bandit, is it too late to get that wii modchip?