Page 116 of 135 FirstFirst ... 102112114115116117118120130 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1347

Thread: StarCraft 2

1. The way it works is terran ARE defensive by nature, zerg are reactionary. You can build the most diverse units from the same unit production places. If the terran is deadset on turtling two bases, thats fine, you should take the entire rest of hte map. If they are doing noob level 2 bases really late in, have like 6 bases, whatever fuck it. At that point you will have so many units you can just throw some away at harassement.

The hard part about playing terran is knowing when to move an attack. In fact, that's really all there is to terran. So at low level terrans will be attacking at the wrong times. If too early, they won't have a big enough unit count to take advantage of range's advantages. If too late, you should have a TON of bases up at full production and he won't be able to stop that.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

2. Sure, yea. I wasn't managing my injects right and not re-upping fast enough, I could have overwhelmed them with just zerglings and roaches if I did.

Like I said, it's just fundamental stuff I need to work on.

Yup. What he said. Abuse non scouting terrains by taking quick 3rd, 4th, and then yeah 5,6, macro hatch.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

4. I mean, if you have a large enough money advantage, fuck even queen macro. Just have 30 hatcheries hotkeyed. You can get to the point of sloppy micro with enough macro advantage. Hotkey them all together, rally them, super lazy style. Whatever he builds, build the counter. You are za Zerg!

sc2l playoffs live now. http://www.twitch.tv/sc2l
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

6. Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    I mean, if you have a large enough money advantage, fuck even queen macro. Just have 30 hatcheries hotkeyed. You can get to the point of sloppy micro with enough macro advantage. Hotkey them all together, rally them, super lazy style. Whatever he builds, build the counter. You are za Zerg!
    That's a good idea. I have a lot to learn.

All you have to do is threaten a turtling terran and defend against drops and you can crush their asses. They contain themselves. A lot of them won't move out until max supply.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

8. I mean, even max supply (which is a really dumb part to get to before you do anything). If they have two bases and you have like 5, they have to move their slow plodding army out, and while they do, you destroy their two bases...

I think at lower-mid level terran are the hardest to play because they have to know when to move out. Knowing when to move out is an art that never gets easy at any level, but if you don't have the foggiest with it, you will lose.

9. Well I am 2-0 against them since I started teching up to Brood Lords. I just send my roach army to destroy any thirds they try to set up and then send BLs out when they are ready.

There's no need to overthink this. I am bad, and playing against bad people. Bad people are beaten with simple strategies, like the guy that warped in a bunch of stalkers right outside my creep last night because I didn't send an overlord to watch that area.
    Last edited by Diff-chan; 10 Sep 2013 at 11:03 AM.

10. No of course, but you can either learn simple things like "get broodlords", or maybe slightly more advanced things that help you understand the real game theory choices behind the game.

Starcraft is a well made game, so it likely becomes more fun the better you get (I never got past platinum I think early on). It can be a good deal of fun to see a new level of comprehension of the game take root and you suddenly start demolishing people, rather than a simple counter troop choice (which helps of course, but isn't as fun).