Page 119 of 135 FirstFirst ... 105115117118119120121123133 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1347

Thread: StarCraft 2

1. I'm at the stage now where I can usually out-resource my (bronze league) opponents and roll them.

The problem is that I keep falling to cheesy rushes.

Let's say I am playing Zerg vs. Zerg. I send out my 11th or 12th drone and see a spawning pool and gas. I decide early aggression is coming. When should I expect it and how should I prep? By that time I already have started a spawning pool and have my 15th drone ready to go for 2nd hatchery but have not set it up yet.

Good question. Start your extra queens when you see early pool I guess. There was a really awesome replay I saw where someone put their pool right next to the hatch in a way that if you tuck your queen in there it's only vulnerable to one ling on each side, which allows one queen alone to hold off 6 ling super early pressure.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

3. #1 in my ladder.

y u no put me in silver blizz

man I placed into gold before I even knew how to play. I am surprised you are in bronze. Wait until next season and ace your placement matches. I think I won 4 out of my 5 initial placement matches doing a one base 3 rax all in that huskystarcraft put on youtube.

I forget exactly how the league move-up works but you have to beat out someone in silver and other div 1 bronzes I believe. Keep earning points and you'll get there faster.
    Last edited by Cowutopia; 28 Sep 2013 at 12:08 AM.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

5. The WCS America Season 3 Finals were last night and Polt defended his title against Byul (who beat Jaedong). Polt won 4-1 losing the first round to an all in that steam rolled him. Polt stuck to the same build for every round (3 reapers then nothing but marines/medivacs and widow mines) and managed to fend off Byul for the rest of the match. Byul stuck with Bane's and Mutas and every match was really crazy. From 10 minutes on it was nothing but fighting, at one point Byul hit 500 apm. Even when Polt lost a fight, Byul never really won and had to spend a fortune every time to keep up. In game 2, after Byul took out Polt's 3rd expansion for the 4th time or so, Polt went crazy, demolishing 3 of Byul's expansions in about 60 seconds. That crippled his econ and after the next fight, Byul had to give up the round.

Polt got 3-3 quickly so his marines were monsters and Byul never really adapted to it. He just kept throwing bodies at Polt but never managed to break him. Polt really just outlasted Byul. Doesn't look like the videos are up yet, should hit today or early tomorrow. The macro and micro control was unreal, wars were breaking out 2 at a time constantly, you really need to see it to believe it.
    Last edited by Rumpy; 21 Oct 2013 at 02:29 PM.

6. Yeah, it was great to watch, especially after a dull Korean finals.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

7. I just watch replays in the SC2Casts app on my iPad when they go up.

I'm trying to get bumped to silver before the end of this season. I've won like 12 out of my last 15 games but Blizzard doesn't think I am ready.

8. The WCS Season 3 Finals started today. It goes through the weekend starting at 1pm EST.

9. The WCS just confuses me.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    The WCS just confuses me.
    It confuses a lot of people, including many pro players. A lot of people are blaming Blizzard's structure for the WCS for the rash of old-school pro-players quitting the game over the past few months.