Page 129 of 135 FirstFirst ... 115125127128129130131133 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1347

Thread: StarCraft 2

1. Quote Originally Posted by Darmonde View Post
    Also, what's wrong with WC3? I only play these single player basically, but I thought it was pretty good way back when.
    Nothing. For some people, anything that is different from Starcraft is bad (even Starcraft 2). WC3 played very differently from Starcraft and hence that made it bad to a lot of people. But it was an outstanding, very underrated game. If nothing else, it inadvertently gave birth to the MOBA genre.
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

2. Warcraft 3 gets a bad rap these days.

3. I won't lie I hated Warcraft 3 when it came out, it was not the sequel to Warcraft 2 that I wanted.

Warcraft 3 has always been trash.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Warcraft 3 gets a bad rap these days.
    It was probably my second favorite RTS, hit 25th place in 2v2 on the US servers. I could see how people would hate it, the focus on micro managing was much less forgiving at lower levels, so the skill floor was pretty high.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

6. Starcraft Anthology 1.18 is now available for free. Use the Blizzard app (the app formally known as Battle.net) to get it (click on Shop-> Classic games). It's less than 2GB.

7. I'm so used to 2 this feels incredibly dated.

I enjoyed 3 well enough. But I played a lot of single player. The online stuff could be pretty shitty. The first 50 decisions of every game was very robotic and scripted if you wanted a chance. Though I suppose there were always people that played them all that way.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    I enjoyed 3 well enough. But I played a lot of single player. The online stuff could be pretty shitty. The first 50 decisions of every game was very robotic and scripted if you wanted a chance. Though I suppose there were always people that played them all that way.
    I think that this is how these RTS games play in general. Starcraft 2's last expansion tried to curb some of that by starting everyone off a little later in the starting build order.

10. Starcraft II is now (mostly) free to play. Campaign wise you can play Wings of Liberty if you have never bought anything of Starcraft II. If you bought WoL, you get the Heart of the Swarm for free for a limited time. Void is now $15 (so is Swarm). They opened up Co-Op characters to allow you to level them up to level 5 for free and all multiplayer now uses Void units so the player pool is no longer segmented by expansion packs. If you've never played multi, Ranked unlocks (custom games and vs. AI is available right away) after you get 10 First Day wins. That means you have to play a decent amount of games to ensure you know at least the basics before stepping into the meat grinder.

Patch 4.0 is also out and long story short, Terran gets fucked and Protoss is given everything.
    Last edited by Rumpy; 16 Nov 2017 at 02:53 PM.