Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DirectX 9 vs DirectX 10

PC DirectX 9 vs DirectX 10

GameSpot has posted a benchmark and screenshot comparison between Lost Planet running on DirectX 9 and DirectX 10 using an 8800GT. I think we have a new platform to lol.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    GameSpot has posted a benchmark and screenshot comparison between Lost Planet running on DirectX 9 and DirectX 10 using an 8800GT. I think we have a new platform to lol.
    Dude, it's a Capcom PC release. I'm just glad it has lighting.

3. Somehow I doubt this is really all that fair, unless the game was meant to be run in DX10 than lol away but if it wasn't this doesn't mean much.

There is a whole DX10 specific demo that was used...

5. All I'm really saying is I think it would be better to see a game made with the DX10 made in mind before writing it off totally.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Rem View Post
    Somehow I doubt this is really all that fair, unless the game was meant to be run in DX10 than lol away but if it wasn't this doesn't mean much.
    Two seperate versions of the demo, one for DX10 one for DX9. It's fair, but it's also a company that knows nothing of PC programming, and it's not like you can't run the DX9 version under Vista.

Quote Originally Posted by Rem View Post
    All I'm really saying is I think it would be better to see a game made with the DX10 made in mind before writing it off totally.
    Obviously, although a little part of me hopes that DX10 gives me no good reason to get Vista for a long time.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Obviously, although a little part of me hopes that DX10 gives me no good reason to get Vista for a long time.
    Crysis.

Shhh...

10. My wife just got a new PC with Vista on it and we both agree it is the XP version of ME. No game is worth it to upgrade for.