Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the Best Non-iPod MP3 Player Out There?

What's the Best Non-iPod MP3 Player Out There?

Just that. I want to know what is the best non-ipod mp3 player on the market.

2. Thank you this will help.

3. the zune. san disks sansa series are also pretty good for the price.

4. I hear good things about the top of the line Creative players, like the Zen Vision:M and Zen Vision:W, but I've never used one.

5. I've been thinking about getting a zune.

6. The iPod.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    I've been thinking about getting a zune.
    I had considered it, but the lack of Mac support was the first big problem for me. The second is that 30GB just isn't enough. The pink one sure is nice looking, though.

8. Quote Originally Posted by AFX View Post
    The iPod.

I hope apple paid you to say that.

9. I have a Creative Labs Zen Touch 40 gig that has worked perfectly for a couple of years now. It is a bit bulky compared to what is available now but I love it. Everything I read while I was researching mp3 players was that Creative Labs has the best sound quality in their players especially when compared to iPods.

I've also used Archos and Zune players and found them both to be really nice too. I'm curious as to why 30 gigs isn't enough. What size are you actually looking for?

10. Quote Originally Posted by Glass Joe View Post
    I'm curious as to why 30 gigs isn't enough. What size are you actually looking for?
    60, 80 would be nice. My iTunes library is 25GB now and it still doesn't have everything I'd like for it to, due to me having to deal with the restrictions of laptop hard drive sizes for years. If I finally get a real desktop PC this year, it's going to be well over 30GB when I put all the stuff I have on backups in and finally finish ripping my CDs. And yeah, I know you don't need all of your music on you at all times. I have an iPod shuffle that I use for quick trips around town, but really, as the capacity of mp3 players has gone up and size has gone down (I stopped carrying around my "deck of cards" 20GB G2 iPod a long time ago), if I can have my whole library on me at all times, I'd really like to. It's a nice convenience to be able to hear anything you want anytime.