Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What's the Best Non-iPod MP3 Player Out There?

1. Quote Originally Posted by cka View Post
    Cowon iAudio D2 4GB

4GB onboard with sdhc slot for an additional +8GB (right now), cool as shit touchscreen ui, video playback, constantly upgraded firmwares, excellent audio quality, etc.

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archi...-d2-review.php

Even with the pathetic storage capacity I was sold on this until:

# Absurdly high bitrate for MPEG4, but no bigger video size than 320 x 240 supported (for TV-out)

# Slow USB transfer

2. Quote Originally Posted by sphere79 View Post
    Well, my favorite MP3 company Archos is set to announce it's gen 5 products - but honestly they are all about video as of late. They do still make the world's smallest 20 Gig MP3 player, but it is not really pushed in the US.

I did recently notice that Wal-Mart (I know, I hate them too) is selling the Archos 404 for $220 - it's video-orientated but as an all-around player is nicely sized and expandable. If Divx downloads from torrents aren't your thing, you can get the home dock (expensive at Wal-Mart, cheaper elsewhere) and it becomes a Tivo device with a remote. Or, try the 3.0 MP add-on video camera - as used by law-enforcement and stunt-bike riders around the globe.

Yea, it's over-kill as an MP3 player - but a geeks wet dream otherwise, and that's a good price at $220. By default it does Mpeg4 (Divx/Xvid), MP3, WAV, WMV and WMA. Yes it will support DRM'ed music if you must and through a somewhat shady "plug-in" purchase can do MPEG2/5.1/AC3 or H.264 and AAC for podcasts.

That's cool about the $160 Zune too.
    Heads up for anyone still looking:
    Archos 504 with DVR travel adapter available at www.woot.com today for $200. It's a steal.

3. I loved my Creative Zen Micro for the short time i had it.
    I don;t care for zunes because iv'e heard they dont play as loud as many others.

4. I am to lazy to find the source right now but I remember reading that the next Zune iteration will have solid state memory.

A built in FM transmitter would sweeten the deal. I hate buying after market transmitters that just break. It sucks just having only an am/fm radio in my car.

5. What type of cable do I need to directly connect my Zen Vision M to a radios' AUX input?

This is what I'm looking for, right?
    Last edited by Rumpy; 15 Jul 2007 at 05:26 PM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    What type of cable do I need to directly connect my Zen Vision M to a radios' AUX input?

This is what I'm looking for, right?
    If your stereo has an 1/8" adapter input then yes. Otherwise you can pick up an 1/8" to RCA audio cable which is what I use. Something like this http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search