Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vampire Hunter D Manga!

1. I see em in stores, volume 7 has just been weirdly absent or selling like hot cakes in my area or something. Usually they put the novels in with the manga or put em in the fiction sections with sci fi/fantasy stuff. Just check under the authors name Hideyuki Kikuchi.

I got volume 7 and some new dark horse manga coming in from amazon. Now to finish the book I'm reading to make way for more VHD action.

2. The site for the manga is up:
    http://www.vampire-d.com/

Though the manga is based on the books, so no new stories, which is a bit disappointing but the art looks very nice.

3. Oh well, it'll still be neat to see how the pictures in my head, while I read the books, compares to the manga images. Still got a long wait for the manga too.

4. there's a small preview for the manga in the newest issue of Otaku USA. november can't come soon enough.

5. That magazine worth reading? I gave up on newtype long ago so hows it compare?

6. i like it. the name kinda blows, but i like that it's based more on a fan/western perspective than trying to copy a japanese magazine article for article. i mean, while NT has that nice, really professional look to it, i hated that as soon as you opened one up they gave you articles on series without some kind of introduction, and then tossed in a couple of articles catering in some way to the western crowd. Otaku USA ain't perfect by any means, but i find it more accessible to get into. it's worth checking out imo.