Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: On The Lot

1. On The Lot

Anyone catch this? It's pretty cool. Basically they take a bunch of would be directors put them through different challenges, like the first one was they were given different plots, like crates of guns destined for a military base arrive at a home in the suburbs, and they had to pitch a story to the 3 judges. It's about 3 episodes in and they just had the first elimination last night.

Discuss?
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

2. Project Greenlight was a total failure. What makes this any different?

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. Because they're completely different shows, with different formats, different objectives, and one has audience particpation?

4. So far the judges seem to reward formulaic Hollywood tripe (that pitch they loved, with the future Pope getting married, was everything wrong with mainstream Hollywood movies). I did think it was pretty funny that the southern wigger's retarded guy movie got the most votes. It could be a continuing theme, having the judges hate the edgy stuff and the viewers vote it through anyway.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Sqoon View Post
    Because they're completely different shows, with different formats, different objectives, and one has audience particpation?
    I know all that. What I mean was, despite the differences, I'm wondering if the result will be the same as Greenlight...the director will have to fight through endless bullshit from asshole studio bosses for next to no budget and the resulting movie will be buried and forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoDaddy View Post
    So far the judges seem to reward formulaic Hollywood tripe (that pitch they loved, with the future Pope getting married, was everything wrong with mainstream Hollywood movies). I did think it was pretty funny that the southern wigger's retarded guy movie got the most votes. It could be a continuing theme, having the judges hate the edgy stuff and the viewers vote it through anyway.
    Yup, exactly what I was expecting. They want unoriginal crap.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 30 May 2007 at 04:11 PM.

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. Well the prize for this seems to be a "multi-million dollar contract with Dreamworks studios". Its pretty cool so far its obvious the people up there have more talent than the average Joe so its cool to see what kinda stuff they can come up with, with limited resources.
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

7. I dislike the judges of this show. Therefore, I dislike this show.
    Currently playing: Binary Domain (PC), EVE Online: Retribution (PC), Guild Wars 2 (PC)

8. Yeah the judges are pretty gay. But they're not that bad though...not bad enough to hate the show over it...

9. Quote Originally Posted by U K Narayan View Post
    I dislike the judges of this show. Therefore, I dislike this show.
    Isn't Brett Ratner one of them?

10. Yep