Page 1 of 91 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Soul Calibur 4

1. Soul Calibur 4

New Soul Calibur Revealed in Next Month's EGM

a new Soul Calibur (which, as we've previously reported, is Soul Calibur 4). EGM will be exclusively revealing Namco Bandai's latest fighter in just a few short weeks:

"If you're hankering for a virtual fistfight, top-quality options about -- the Virtua Fighter, Tekken, and Dead or Alive franchises all offer satisfying punch-up action. But if you're truly looking to give your opponent something to cry about, it's all about wielding sharpened steel, and nothing beats Namco Bandai's Soul Calibur series for weapon-based fighting thrills. In our world-exclusive preview, we'll reveal the future direction of this beloved series."

In case Soul Calibur Legends wasn't enough, stay tuned; the Soul Calibur issue goes on sale July 3.
    http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3160002

2. I would certainly welcome a Soul Calibur title on the 360 with online play.

3. the only weapons based fighter i care about anymore is not this series.

samurai showdown

Don't forget Last Blade.

At this point I just assume everything's being set to be ported to the Wii and await the happy surprise that it will go to a worthwhile console instead.

Fighting game speculation is usually retarded, anyway. If everyone isn't tribbling over what system(s) the home port will be on, it's over which characters will or won't return from the previous games. Who cares. If you're a fan of the series, you'll play it if it has a totally new cast. If you won't play SC4 because Dude X isn't in the game, you probably weren't really looking forward to this in the first place.

6. Quote Originally Posted by dog$ View Post
    At this point I just assume everything's being set to be ported to the Wii and await the happy surprise that it will go to a worthwhile console instead.

Fighting game speculation is usually retarded, anyway. If everyone isn't tribbling over what system(s) the home port will be on, it's over which characters will or won't return from the previous games. Who cares. If you're a fan of the series, you'll play it if it has a totally new cast. If you won't play SC4 because Dude X isn't in the game, you probably weren't really looking forward to this in the first place.
    i think this was a haiku. it was beautiful

7. I can't really get excited for another SC after SC3. I really would like for this to be awesome, though. Considering I liked SC2 less than DC SC and SC3 even less than that, I'm not getting my hopes up, but considering that Namco fixed Tekken after 4, I believe they can fix this too.

8. People still give a shit about SC (other than the gaming media)?

9. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    People still give a shit about SC (other than the gaming media)?
    i don't.

10. I do.

But fuck it if it isn't online