Page 355 of 494 FirstFirst ... 341351353354355356357359369 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,550 of 4934

Thread: The Workout Thread

1. I've been doing it for 3 weeks, every day after work now; and I don't think I've ever enjoyed it as much. It's 4 days of lifting with Wed. being dedicated to Rock Climbing; I wish I hadn't take so much time off after I fucked up my wrist though.

Going immediately after work is the best thing in the world though. Even when you don't want to go it's like "It's right there" and go. It's almost been a year since I started, too bad I took a big break.

How close are you to lifting again josh?

ALSO! Rowing machine, holy shit that's a blast. Fucking kills my lower back though (Sure it's just my posture) and knees.

Quote Originally Posted by Thief Silver View Post
    How close are you to lifting again josh?
    Not close. I'm still fired up about it though.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Thief Silver View Post
    ALSO! Rowing machine, holy shit that's a blast. Fucking kills my lower back though (Sure it's just my posture) and knees.
    Fuck, rowing is my favorite cardio by far. I won't join a gym unless they have one or two. Shame they are so damn expensive. Trying to break your fastest 500M is the most excruciating pain I've ever felt. Make sure you start slow and perfect your form, I've never actually seen another gym member use one proper.

4. I'd have to say being on a stationary cardio machine for any amount of time is the most boring fucking thing on earth. For me anyway.

5. It's rough, the only reason I love the rowing machine besides doing it in bursts like that is because it's working my back. Which is the muscle I'm trying the hardest to get to be amazing for rock climbing and because fuck it, backs are awesome.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Detour View Post
    3 weeks of 5x5 and I'm down 1% body fat (back to 15%) without losing any actual weight, with almost zero cardio, and I eat like a horse.

Lifting is fucking awesome.
    Which 5x5? Strong Lifts?

And how much ya squat? (cannot find old SNL "How much ya bench sketch")
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion

7. I have a really hard time with squats, partially because they terrify me, the rest because I'm weak. I'm doing on average 6-7 at 95 lbs and that's it. I did go up to 105 but I only did 4. Granted this was after doing the leg press, but still don't people squat like 200 lbs?

Do them on a smith machine if you're scared of the weight. Ass to grass.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

9. Smith machines are TERRIBLE.

Using a lower weight in the beginning to perfect your form, then gradually increasing the weight is the way to go. I haven't done actual squats since college, but 105lbs seems a little low. The key to squats is keeping your core engaged and your back straight.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

10. I'm probably not doing a good job of either of those things; really it just scares the shit out of me about the knees though.

I worry that my form sucks on a lot of my workouts, All I want to do is grab a personal trainer for one day and have them double check my form on everything heh.