Page 365 of 494 FirstFirst ... 351361363364365366367369379 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,650 of 4934

Thread: The Workout Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Thief Silver View Post
    But if you're gonna be high horse about me eating a sandwich with about 30 grams of protein in it what do you do for lunch?
    Today:
    Meal 1: Crispix with Almond Milk, Banana, casein based brotein shake
    Meal 2: Green apple & some granola
    Meal 3: Quinoa with minced garlic and pine nuts
    Meal 4 (post workout): 5 hard boiled egg whites & a whey brotein shake
    Meal 5 (dinner in a bit): 2 angus burgers plain no bun & a bundle of roasted asparagus

Like Josh said, if you put some thought into what you want to eat, it's pretty damn easy and relatively cheap to eat healthy. I can eat this 4 times a week and it will cost me ~$60 - $70. Granted I won't because I like to vary the types of food I'm eating, it's just an example on how you can still eat cheaply.

With that said, I have 1lb of black pepper turkey in my fridge because it's fucking delicious. So I wasn't really hating on eating lunch meats, just taking a little jab. :P
    Last edited by Brand X; 27 Feb 2012 at 07:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

2. Heh I may have been a little on edge because I'm trying to get all this shit figured out and if I'm not doing it perfectly or anytime someone points something out it's just a big ole fuck.

I managed to complete the workout I wasn't able to complete with the PT. Or so I thought. Until driving home I realized I forgot squat thrusts. Fuck. Also how much protein is in what you just said you ate? Because it seems on paper like it's less than than what I'm aiming for.

Also yeah, I'm expecting to spend about $60 a week on food doing this, and that protein shake josh spoke of isn't that bad, all the minerals in it are reallyh tempting.

3. What I ate today is most likely around ~150 (my listing doesn't include my protein shake before bed, so I'm including that in the total). On top of that I snack on raw almonds during the afternoon at work, so it could very well be up around 170. I really don't count protein grams though since my weight fluctuates ~5-7lbs, and I really just don't care enough, I just take in as much as I can. Plus from the trainers and nutritionists I have talked to, you really only need .75 - 1 grams per pound that you weight, so for me, my diet today was more than sufficient (and extremely healthy) to get the proper nutrients I need. Also keep in mind, this is the diet I have to stay cut, not so that I put on massive monkey muscles.

Seriously though, unless you have some pretty crazy goals, are competing in anything, or just bat shit insane about your nutrition, the difference between 150 grams of protein and 170 grams of protein will really be negligible given your size. Be more concerned about your personal fitness goals, the rest, including nutrition, will fall in line.
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

4. Just gotta get strong and get some endurance. Everytime I feel like stopping at some point I just remind myself "No Endurance" over and over again. I think it's working pretty well since, while I forgot one exercise I was still pretty blue in the face. Unfortunately that exercise is a really good one especially since it requires me to focus on my core.

That's one of my huge weaknesses right now too, in rock climbing and working out. I can't focus on more than one body part at a time. If I focus too much on my shoulders or whatever, I forget to keep my core in check or my hips back/forward.

But you're right, I probably don't need to completely obsess over nutrition, and eating more carbs than fats probably won't hut my gains that much. Though I do want to ask my PT about it.

Augh I'm just trying to do what I can to see improvement etc, knowing that I'm at 18% body fat, that I have no endurance, and that even after doing climbing and working out I'm still pretty weak, it's frustrating. Whatever I'll just keep at it.

Everything should be started slowly, imo. If not you end up freaking out over a couple grams of protein or carbs, or giving up because you hold yourself to some crazy ass standard. If you look at this as a lifestyle change and not some "get swole before summer" quick fix then you'll be alright. Over the next twenty or thirty years are those 20 grams of protein going to matter? Are you a competitive bodybuilder?

I am not a doctor, or a PT, or whatever the fuck. My broscience approach is such:
    Get big = lift a lot of heavy shit up over your head and consume more calories than you expend. (may be difficult if you're a pussy, or vegetarian)
    Get skinny = do a lot of cardiovascular exercise and consume less calories than you expend. (may be difficult if you're a pussy, or a pussy)

I've been pretty fat in the past, and though my lifestyle change was forced on me a few years ago, it has not been bad maintaining things. I mostly don't let myself get too crazy about it. Mostly.

I just wish I could lift again.

6. I'm definitely a lot better than I was before, I've become A LOT more active. Going hiking, rock climbing, now snow shoeing, and if the mountains would get some fucking snow I could go enjoy some snow boarding. With working out, I play a lot less games! This is pretty much a life style change, but right now my goal is just to get into better shape for rock climbing. So I'm working it along with working on my technique.

Max OT definitely gave me some results so I'm glad I followed through on that, my body is just bigger which is fine. I've put on about 10 lbs in the last month and a half and I don't really look worse for it at least.

Also Kidnemo what's up with that weight vest stuff? I've kinda wanted to do a weight vest for rock climbing at some point. Just because it seems like it'd be fun heh. Seriously, living in Denver you can't just not go out and do this sort of thing. Even Finch who doesn't do the climbing or anything just rides his bike every day.
    Last edited by Thief Silver; 27 Feb 2012 at 10:49 PM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Thief Silver View Post
    Just gotta get strong and get some endurance.
    Get your ass in a pool if you want endurance.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

You can also meet hot and horny single seniors at the pool. So I hear.

9. Confirmed. Some are more horny than hot though.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

Does it really matter?