Page 377 of 494 FirstFirst ... 363373375376377378379381391 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,770 of 4934

Thread: The Workout Thread

Wow. The stair walking group I started on Fitocracy has about 9500 members now.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I'm just not eating enough. It is difficult.
    This is what I feared.

Really man, get your ass into costco and buy a bag of the 100% whey they sell there. 75 servings of 27g of protein for $40, it's 2 cents a gram. It's cheaper than ANY other way you could possibly put protein in your body. Seriously, not meat, milk, nuts or beans are going to cost less per gram of protein than that shit unless you steal them. It's worth it to make sure you're healing right to just fucking get some. No excuses. It's cheaper than any other "solution" you could give me or meal you could eat in its place, so there's nothing you can say to stop you from getting some. If you don't have a costco near you just Amazon it or some shit, that's still less than 3 cents a gram. You sure as shit aren't getting four cans of beans for 75 cents and only 140 calories.

We live in a magic future time, take advantage of it.
    Last edited by Opaque; 30 Mar 2012 at 02:59 AM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Wow. The stair walking group I started on Fitocracy has about 9500 members now.
    I checked about a month ago and it was in the top 5 groups for membership!
    ABOUT ME.

"Underground music should have its back turned, it needs to be gone, untrackable, unreadable"

4. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    What's the deal? Dietary issue? I'm not getting bro levels of protein anymore. Walking a couple miles then doing 25 pushups in a row should not fuck me this hard for days and days.

Bring on the bro-science, bros.
    Honestly, I would go to a doctor and get checked out. This problem sounds more serious than just not eating enough protein, amino acids, etc. My sister has been a vegetarian/vegan for a number of years and recently has had very similar symptoms and was diagnosed with a critical B12 deficiency that was interfering with her daily activity. And this is someone who is extremely active, is a trained nutritionist, and is more conscious of the food she puts in her body than anyone I have ever met.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

5. Intrinsic factor deficiency imo. She get a Schilling test?

6. I would think she did. Truthfully, I don't know the exact testing and solution her doctors came up with, she just explained it to me as an issue with her levels of B12.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Detour View Post
    I checked about a month ago and it was in the top 5 groups for membership!
    It'll be at ten thousand by mid afternoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    Honestly, I would go to a doctor and get checked out.
    I've been to more doctors than I think you would ever be able to believe. No diagnosis.

Note: I've been going to doctors for about 4 years for this.

8. Going to the doctor to go over my bloodwork. A little nervous for some reason. I've been losing weight as well, despite my diet and ingestion of protein. I hope it's just a hyperactive metabolism I'm dealing with. I weighed in at 156 this morning and was at 168 about 2 weeks ago (I do weigh myself at the same time every morning after dropping the kids off at the pool).

Also got the speed parachute. Going to test it out this weekend. I'm also thinking about getting one of those Teeter HangUps after I move in a few months. I think I found the one thing that will help stretch my back, lower back especially.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

9. I got climbers elbow from, you guessed it, climbing. Mostly because I just started and it's easy for me to muscle through a lot of the gaps but that over works my ligaments and they don't heal as quickly as muscles.

Turns out I just need to do some simple exercises to kill it. God bless the internet for walking me through what and when to do things to be better at other things. We live in good times.

Fitocracy has a entry for playing drums.