Page 383 of 494 FirstFirst ... 369379381382383384385387397 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,830 of 4934

Thread: The Workout Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Gondolin View Post
    I have no idea how to respond to this.
    You don't have to respond to it, it's the truth. Putting on that type of mass is very difficult, takes a long time, and an impossibly strict fitness/eating regiment. Not factoring in that not everyone has the genetics to even put on massive muscle like that. Like I can't get "too big" because my body just isn't built like that, no matter how much I eat or lift. I know because I tried to get built like that for a number of years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

2. O.M.G.... *sigh* I can't believe that I actually feel the need to defend something that was meant as a casual joke. OF COURSE I wasn't being literal about not wanting to get as big as Schwarzenegger. That was just a figure of speech, man. A bit of hyperbole. An exaggeration. Christ, I'm not trying to be a dick here but you can't seriously be that dense.

Hell, I never even actually used the words "too big." You just inferred that. But for the sake of the argument let's go ahead and say that's what I meant. Me hypothetically worrying about getting "too big" from working out would absolutely be a valid concern because it's completely subjective as far as what that means. For example, having no neck and lats that make my arms stick out too much, for me, is too big. I've been like that before and it's relatively easy for me to get there. But I'm not the overenthusiastic kid that I once was about lifting weights and I don't want to look like a meat head anymore. So, I choose not to try and move up in weight (meaning increase the weights that I use) too much more from where I am, because in order to do so would mean that I would have to increase my food intake. I'd probably need to take some kind of supplement as well. And, knowing my body, the result would be that I would end up adding mass, which isn't something that I want to do because I like my build as is. K? K.

My head hurts now. I need a beer...
    ...because without the bitter, baby, the sweet ain't as sweet.

3. Yeah, you're right. My bad dude.

But lolz at how long that response was.

Also, I'm 99% sure Kidnemo is a cyborg.
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

4. Yeah, well, I'm shit at being concise. It's a problem.
    ...because without the bitter, baby, the sweet ain't as sweet.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Use dumbbells. Go to fatigue on your weakest arm then stop. Repeat until you can rip the same size of tree out of the ground with each hand. Then throw the trees into the sun.
    I laughed so hard at this. Just the image in my head. No rep button on iPhone, so thought you should know.
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion

6. Myself and a bunch of my training partners and clients from the gym are signing up for the http://goruckchallenge.com/events/milwaukee/ this week.

8-10 hours, 20 or so miles, all while wearing a backpack with 6 bricks in it doing a variety of obstacles and physical challenges.

I don't think there is anyone in the area from TNL who would be interested, but I'd love to have any of you suckers come with us.

7. Sounds crazy intense. GLHF!
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion

8. Quote Originally Posted by Kidnemo View Post
    Myself and a bunch of my training partners and clients from the gym are signing up for the http://goruckchallenge.com/events/milwaukee/ this week.

8-10 hours, 20 or so miles, all while wearing a backpack with 6 bricks in it doing a variety of obstacles and physical challenges.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    Also, I'm 99% sure Kidnemo is a cyborg.

Confirmed. Possibly an 800 series.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

Well yeah. The 600 series had rubber skin.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Kidnemo View Post
    I don't think there is anyone in the area from TNL who would be interested, but I'd love to have any of you suckers come with us.
    I don't think anyone from TNL is certifiably insane like you! God damn that's crazy, I know I wouldn't make it 1/2 way through. My legs would give out by mile 7, and my body would give up around 10, my brain would at least still be functioning.

edit: After reading about this and looking through their site, I totally would kill to do this. It looks epic. I would want to do the September one in NYC, I think it would be insane running through Manhattan like that.
    Last edited by Brand X; 04 Apr 2012 at 11:29 AM.
    Eat a bag of dicks.