Page 387 of 494 FirstFirst ... 373383385386387388389391401 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,870 of 4934

Thread: The Workout Thread

1. Hey guys. So in the last two weeks I have mixed up my exercises and significantly raised my weight numbers, check out my fitocracy profile and advise me? Pls?
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

2. I'm 23, 164 lbs, and have 18% body fat. I want to cut the body fat to around 8-10% and then bulk up maybe after summer. Wise decision? If so, what's a recommended diet to follow and a simple exercise regime? No heavy lifting though, I rather focus on cardio like running. If not, what should I do? My ultimate goal is 175-180 lbs and around 7-8% body fat.

And yes, I'm aware of the vast amount of information on the web, no need to mention it. Just want an opinion or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    If I'm going to be taxed, I'd rather it be to build a Death Star than to feed lazy Wookiees.

3. No way you are going to be able to put on 10-15 pounds of muscle without lifting heavy weights and eating diligently for years.

Losing the weight will be much, much easier. Cardio 3-5 times a week, one hour at a time, track your heart rate.

Remove all fast food, soda, "white" foods, and junk food from your diet. Eat one cheat meal a week. Eat every 3 hours, each meal including a protein and green vegetable.

Track your caloric intake and expenditure with something like myfitnesspal, which also allows you to set weight loss goals.

Post pics of your six pack in two months.

I put on 10-15 pounds of muscle in around 8 months. It's possible, but one has to be insanely motivated, and borderline obsessive about it. (in before juice)

And yeah. You're not gaining muscle without lifting heavy things most every day.

5. Didn't mean to say I won't ever lift heavy, just want to focus on body fat % to get into healthy shape. I was told low weights at high reps/sets would be most beneficial, any comment?

Quote Originally Posted by Kidnemo View Post
    No way you are going to be able to put on 10-15 pounds of muscle without lifting heavy weights and eating diligently for years.

Losing the weight will be much, much easier. Cardio 3-5 times a week, one hour at a time, track your heart rate.

Remove all fast food, soda, "white" foods, and junk food from your diet. Eat one cheat meal a week. Eat every 3 hours, each meal including a protein and green vegetable.

Track your caloric intake and expenditure with something like myfitnesspal, which also allows you to set weight loss goals.

I may be stupid but would losing weight at 164 lbs be wise? I'm almost 6'0 and lean, just got love handles and fat under arms and legs. I was thinking a way to lose all that while maintaining my weight. Sorry, should have pointed this out sooner.

Thanks for the help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    If I'm going to be taxed, I'd rather it be to build a Death Star than to feed lazy Wookiees.

6. Walk before you can run, I would stop being so concerned about your numbers and start working on consistant conditioning and eating. You won't make any significant progress towards those goals until those 2 things are staples of your daily routine.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

7. The low weights/high reps vs. low reps/heavy weights for the average gym goer is a non-factor.

Resistance is resistance.

And yea, you are a skinny SOB like me, but if you want to lower your bodyfat, you are going to lose pounds, no way around that. Nobody likes a skinny fat-guy!

There won't be a way to lose the love handles and keep your weight the same, unless you are lifting weights and replacing that lost fat with muscle.

8. I'm going to teep kick your balls, Kidnemo!
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

9. Quote Originally Posted by Kidnemo View Post
    No way you are going to be able to put on 10-15 pounds of muscle without lifting heavy weights and eating diligently for years.

wait. How do I do this again? I don't care about things like six packs as much as being able to lift and pull things and kick and punch mofos in the face for 3 mins 5 times a night and run 5k in under 22 mins again. For a good two weeks I'm stuck at 27+ after 7-8 months of being a total slob and haven't got back in a gym yet.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 30 Apr 2012 at 04:14 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt