Page 389 of 494 FirstFirst ... 375385387388389390391393403 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,890 of 4934

Thread: The Workout Thread

1. Just got home from LA Fitness. Hot damn, the place is da bomb, yo. It blows my mind that I have access to this place (I have several of them around me) for just $60 a year. It's an amazing gym and it really felt good working out there. I saw a bunch of my old Bally friends there as well, so it's not like I had a major fish out of water feeling.

I mean, Bally was a solid gym, but LA Fitness is amazing.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 02 May 2012 at 05:50 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. I go to crunch, which at home in OC is very inexpensive. In LA? $110 a month!!!!!

Luckly I get an extremely well worth it discount. Problem with gyms around here is there are in shopping centers and you have to pay for parking, at crunch I don't, so while it is still more expensive than LA fitness, without parking it evens itself out.

Crunch has a lot of great classes, and it's silly but they also have DJs playing live 4 out of 7 days a week lol!
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

3. Breakfast:
    2 eggs, 1 veggie sausage patty 1/2 serving of protein shake with milk ~60g protein in the morning

Snack:
    Banana and a small bag of almonds ~ 10g of protein

Lunch:
    Usually a chicken breast, or beef, or what have you, I always try to make sure it is around ~20g of protein.

Post Work out:
    Whey protein shake ~50g

Dinner:
    Usually try to go somewhere around 20-30g of protein then.

I eat my veggies, keep my sugars slow, I think I eat pretty clean now. . I need to eat more veggies though, I kinda went a bit off track with them
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

4. I'd go with a lower calorie, zero carb protein powder, Syntrax Nectar is a good example. One scoop.

Drop the milk from the protein shake.

Colorful or green veggies w/ every meal. Try supplementing a nice mixed veggie w/ scrambled egg concoction for breakfast.

One cheat meal a week. No guilt, but don't go crazy. I normally tell clients that a good baseline is a single patty burger, small fry, maybe ice cream if you put in a lot of work that week.

A multi vitamin and fish or flax seed oil pills aren't a bad idea either.

8 hours of sleep per night, get your 3-6 workouts per week (mix of weights and cardio), and if you are honestly eating like this every day, in a few months you will lean up like a mofo.

5. Tell me how to eat veggies if I hate veggies. Like, REALLY hate them. There must be a way of disguising the taste without loading them up with calories and other crap.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. Quote Originally Posted by Kidnemo View Post
    I'd go with a lower calorie, zero carb protein powder, Syntrax Nectar is a good example. One scoop.

Drop the milk from the protein shake.

Colorful or green veggies w/ every meal. Try supplementing a nice mixed veggie w/ scrambled egg concoction for breakfast.

One cheat meal a week. No guilt, but don't go crazy. I normally tell clients that a good baseline is a single patty burger, small fry, maybe ice cream if you put in a lot of work that week.

A multi vitamin and fish or flax seed oil pills aren't a bad idea either.

8 hours of sleep per night, get your 3-6 workouts per week (mix of weights and cardio), and if you are honestly eating like this every day, in a few months you will lean up like a mofo.
    My eggs are how they are cause I prepare them at work in a microwave, I'll see what I can do about that.

Cheat meals happen, yes it's time to stop them and only have 1

I already dropped the milk from my isopure shakes, once I finish this can I'll switch to Lower calorie

Sleep is difficult with my job and hours but I'll put more effort

I take the GNC mega men's multivitamin, I like it. I haven't taken any fish oil, and my nutrition teacher told us flax seeds actually increase incidences of prostate cancer, ahhh.

Are you on Fitocracy? My workouts are there, usually 3 solid workouts a week, with some yoga at home sprinkled in. Ive been lazy and I know I haven't had any cardio, I need to add it. But already eating like this and working out like I am I am pretty lean, it's just the small vanity pounds left.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Tell me how to eat veggies if I hate veggies. Like, REALLY hate them. There must be a way of disguising the taste without loading them up with calories and other crap.
    Really? Not even green/yellow/red peppers? Onions? String beans? Asparagus? There's GOT to be at least a few veggies you like.

I looked up the route I ran near my parent's house the other day: 4 miles. Did it in about 40 minutes. It's got a good amount of long hills, so I'm pretty happy with that time. I haven't run that long a distance in years. I usually do 1-2, but not that much.

Legs are still sore. Hurts so good.
    Last edited by Type Ryan; 03 May 2012 at 11:12 AM.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by B-Ri View Post
    prostate cancer, ahhh
    A lot of dudes die with prostate cancer, but not from it.

Just saying.

9. Quote Originally Posted by B-Ri View Post
    My eggs are how they are cause I prepare them at work in a microwave, I'll see what I can do about that.

Cheat meals happen, yes it's time to stop them and only have 1

I already dropped the milk from my isopure shakes, once I finish this can I'll switch to Lower calorie

Sleep is difficult with my job and hours but I'll put more effort

I take the GNC mega men's multivitamin, I like it. I haven't taken any fish oil, and my nutrition teacher told us flax seeds actually increase incidences of prostate cancer, ahhh.

Are you on Fitocracy? My workouts are there, usually 3 solid workouts a week, with some yoga at home sprinkled in. Ive been lazy and I know I haven't had any cardio, I need to add it. But already eating like this and working out like I am I am pretty lean, it's just the small vanity pounds left.
    The last few pounds are going to be the most difficult, and as they say "you gotta pay to play".

Gotta get that cardio, gotta get that sleep, gotta watch your fat and carb intake.

Yoga at home inst going to cut it, if you want the sexy tummy i mean.

Not saying you are doing bad, far from it! But if you want to take it to the next level you need to put in work and make sacrifices.

Also scrambled eggies in the microwave can chill in the fridge for a fewvdays in tupperware.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Tell me how to eat veggies if I hate veggies. Like, REALLY hate them. There must be a way of disguising the taste without loading them up with calories and other crap.
    Eat them like a man, not like a spoiled nine year old girl. You need them, you eat them. That's it.

I like: curries, stir frying, one pot noodle soups. You can replace noodles with thinly sliced carrots or spaghetti squash.

Look at the thing I just posted in the cooking thread for an awesome veggie dish.

Make hummus and eat it with sliced peppers. Roast some red peppers and add them to a portobello burger with some feta.

Wilt some spinach with garlic and onion.

Eat a fucking salad.