Page 390 of 494 FirstFirst ... 376386388389390391392394404 ... LastLast
Results 3,891 to 3,900 of 4934

Thread: The Workout Thread

1. Or buy humus and eat it with sliced veg if youbwant to go even easier.

Point taken. I like making it myself, but it took a LOT of trial and error to get the flavour where I want it.

3. Points taken, gentlemen. I do actually enjoy hummus...I'll experiment with other stuff.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Kidnemo View Post
    The last few pounds are going to be the most difficult, and as they say "you gotta pay to play".

Gotta get that cardio, gotta get that sleep, gotta watch your fat and carb intake.

Yoga at home inst going to cut it, if you want the sexy tummy i mean.

Not saying you are doing bad, far from it! But if you want to take it to the next level you need to put in work and make sacrifices.

Also scrambled eggies in the microwave can chill in the fridge for a fewvdays in tupperware.
    Oh I know if I want to look like an athlete I have to be one. My concern is that I am going about it the right way, and efficiently. I wondered if you had Fitocracy to see what I was doing and advise me. While I am sure adding 5 miles every off day from weight training will make a difference, is it the best way?
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

5. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Points taken, gentlemen. I do actually enjoy hummus...I'll experiment with other stuff.
    Trader Joe's Harvest Hodgepodge frozen vegetables. About five minutes before your grilled chicken is done, throw 3/4 cup of these veggies into the pan. After the chicken is ready, I include baby spinach and grape tomatoes on my plate. Good stuff.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

6. Quote Originally Posted by B-Ri View Post
    Oh I know if I want to look like an athlete I have to be one. My concern is that I am going about it the right way, and efficiently. I wondered if you had Fitocracy to see what I was doing and advise me. While I am sure adding 5 miles every off day from weight training will make a difference, is it the best way?
    The best way is the way you do.

If running five miles is what it takes, awesome. Join a group fitness class on off days. Look up cardio circuit in google. Buy a kettlebell. Do an hour of burpees. Whatever it takes to get your heart rate up.

Burn more calories per day than you take in and you are going to lose weight.

And no fitocracy. I have my clients do food journals and bring those in for me to review, the working out is the easy part, the diet is the real kicker.

I see so many of the people online I advise (or even in person) freeze up because they are trying to "find the best way".

What extra cardio have you done since we started talking about this? How many cheats or cheat meals have you taken?

The time to start is now, yo.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Kidnemo View Post
    What extra cardio have you done since we started talking about this? How many cheats or cheat meals have you taken?

The time to start is now, yo.
    I've actually have been getting serious about my food again, since the month of April brought on 3 trips home to OC, and parties ect, I had dropped it quite a bit. Refocusing.

I've also been forcefully putting myself to bed as well, trying to get those 8 hours of sleep, once June comes around this will be easier because most of my call times will change from 5am to 8am.

I am trying to figure out the best times to add more cardio, and really I have to change up my entire schedule because school is about to end and so will my work schedule for better, or hopefully, the best.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

8. NICE.

Take pics of your progress, keep yourself accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidnemo View Post
    The best way is the way you do.

Burn more calories per day than you take in and you are going to lose weight.

I see so many of the people online I advise (or even in person) freeze up because they are trying to "find the best way".
    This is SOLID. Especially the "best way" part.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Kidnemo View Post
    NICE.

Take pics of your progress, keep yourself accountable.
    I started at 185, so I have made HUGE differences in my body.

this is december old, since then I have put on more muscle, and unfortunately a bit more fat too, but I am ~160lbs right now, 16% body fat, 132lbs lean. I started at 127lbs lean, but I had been working out for tone and endurance and not size, my numbers should be jumping higher than they have now.

my arms have never been bigger, my legs feel so solid now, my posture is vastly improved, my stomach is pretty flat, but its the handles I have to deal with right now. I've kept realistic time goals on how long this is supposed tot ake me, but I did want and expect to be leaner and showing more definition by now.
    Last edited by B-Ri; 04 May 2012 at 11:59 AM.