Page 455 of 494 FirstFirst ... 441451453454455456457459469 ... LastLast
Results 4,541 to 4,550 of 4934

Thread: The Workout Thread

He's mostly doing the 5x5 thing, that's why. Also, you can find tons of evidence for pretty much any number you want to. If it was me, I'd say Read Max-OT everyone! It's relatively short, somewhat amusing, and by far the most helpful book I have read on the subject.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Add weight until you go to failure on your 5th rep imo. Lifting to a number is for cardio bunnies.

Careful though. You might fuck up and get too big.
    This works with my regiment. Strong-lifts is to increase the amount of physical weight you can lift in general in a short span and to find your general plateau safely–not necessarily rep gains. Mostly compound workouts. I'm a beginner so increasing strength fast is working out for me. Eventually I will switch to maxing out my weight/reps. I think going to failure on the last set fits well and I'll try it on thursday.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

Always move slowly towards everything, imo. Less chance of fucking yourself up, or bumming yourself out that way.

4. I agree. At some point i WILL be switching over to hypertrophy style sets and maximum weight. I used to get tennis elbow flare up like crazy doing any tricep-style workouts. Since I've slowly done this StrongLifts thing it's diminished to non-existent now.

I had a horrible weekend diet-wise due to easter but it wasn't the worst. Yesterday the two grocery stores I frequent weren't open because of Easter holidays so I ate the chefs lunch at work. Meatballs with penne and green salad with peppers. Lettuce is pretty much useless. I limited the pasta to one scoop and the bulk of what I ate was salad and meatballs. Hard to complain too much about having free lunches prepared for you but this is the thread if ever.

I found out chicken cacciatore is a good recipe to make for healthy eating. So I'm going to take it and add a shit ton of veggies like zucchini and mushrooms and add in a can of lentils with the typical green pepper, onion, garlic and tomatoes. I'll know right away if it's not working out. When I don't eat regularly I feel slightly lethargic which is good I guess. Means the routine I'm going at for my meals is keeping my metabolism steady.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 21 Apr 2014 at 03:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

If you're eating properly most of the time you can get away with some food that is complete and total bullshit every so often. Ask Nemo about his Zebra Cakes, or ask me about the Cadbury Egg I just pounded into my face hole.

6. OK. Was it good? I heard they changed them and they weren't that good anymore.

I am not a good judge. I rarely have sugar anymore, so it tasted fucking insane. It is certainly smaller than it used to be.

8. Ok, just ordered a weight set that goes up to 40 lbs. I don't think I'm going to be able to handle much more than that in the near future, so i'll give this a try. Starting my all new workout this week, I'll be working with my old weights until these show up on Thursday.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hogan.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	624.2 KB 
ID:	73994  

looooooooool
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery