Page 475 of 494 FirstFirst ... 461471473474475476477479489 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,750 of 4934

Thread: The Workout Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Cool. I see a lot of bros doing, like, 3-inch reps.
    Def.

I'm a stickler for form on all my lifts.

2. Ok, I'm back. Fell off the wagon for awhile, but i purchased a stationary bike and built it AND worked out on it today! I talked to my doctor about a week ago about my difficulty with taking off weight, and he was really unhelpful and told me to exercise for an hour a day, 5 days a week, and eat 1100 calories a day in order to lose weight. I mean.....I know technically this is "right," but it seems painfully low to be working out AND eating 1100 calories a day. I was doing 40 mins, 4 days a week, and eating about 1600-700 previously. I'm currently doing well at 1300, because on much less I feel like I'm starving all the time. But anyway, long story short....I really like the bike a lot and am looking forward to attempting to stick with a plan for the new year.

I feel kind of silly trying something else yet AGAIN, but starting something new is better than doing nothing at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

Calculate that basal metabolic rate, son! Your doc may be whistling out his butt with that 1100 calorie figure.

Did you ever go to a PT and get the body composition workup done?

4. I haven't. getting referrals from anyone in Kaiser is like pulling teeth from a baboon. Especially lately - I guess because of all the new signups.

My BMR is always over 1600 - (thats why i was eating 1600 - 1700 a day.) He was completely whistling out of his butt.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

5. As always, it's a lifestyle change, not a quick fix...something that you can maintain realistically for life. Your doc's plan reads more like a quick fix.

6. Want to start working out, lose some of this awful weight. Only problem is that I'm a flabby, weak baby with no good knowledge of working out. I've altered my diet and what have you and lost about 10 lbs since thr first. Fantastic, but I have a lot more to go. Money is tight, so a traditional gym is right out. The building that I work in has a small gym, though. Could any of you possibly formulate a workout for me based on these pics? I'd appreciate it until my dying day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150109_062930_zpshn8ss1pk.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	75819   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150109_062951_zpsfpid5pmg.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	75820  

Is there a machine there that would allow you to do pulldowns?

8. Yes.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

I'd recommend reading through Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength so you know what's bullshit at the gym and what's legit.

They have dumbbells and a bench, you can do dumbbell chest presses (I wouldn't use that press machine with a set path) and chest flyes. Dumbbell overhead press. Since you're just starting out you won't need a lot of weight and can get away with dumbbell squats. Pulldowns, seated rows, situps, cardio on the off days. Is that machine on the left for lying and also seated leg curls?

It's not optimal but you can definitely work with it, at least to start. Doing something (unless you're hurting yourself) is always better than doing nothing, even if it's not the 100% scientifically proven most efficient method in the world.
    Last edited by Mzo; 09 Jan 2015 at 06:22 PM.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

I'd read Max-OT too (ignore the supplements)

In my opinion you should go light, and work on getting your form together if you plan on using those dumbbells. You should plan on using those dumbbells.

I'll try to put something together, but I'd be pulling things from the Max-OT exercises. I'm happy to do it, but I still think you should read it.