Page 490 of 494 FirstFirst ... 476486488489490491492 ... LastLast
Results 4,891 to 4,900 of 4934

Thread: The Workout Thread

ThiefSliver is beefcake, baby.

2. Good job! Having the cuts in the arm is great of course, but it must feel good to see how your face reads differently with the before/after (versus the hard-to-notice, gradual change you see daily).

HIIT gave me good results as well, although it's much more effort to coordinate on your own than just standard cardio. It was much easier for me to stick to in a group or class setting. Is your HIIT something you looked up and implemented or led by a coach?

3. He got too big!

4. Quote Originally Posted by FuryFox View Post
    Good job! Having the cuts in the arm is great of course, but it must feel good to see how your face reads differently with the before/after (versus the hard-to-notice, gradual change you see daily).

HIIT gave me good results as well, although it's much more effort to coordinate on your own than just standard cardio. It was much easier for me to stick to in a group or class setting. Is your HIIT something you looked up and implemented or led by a coach?
    I was doing a 5K on a treadmill, just upping the speed and I started looking into HIIT more (I knew what it was but I never *faithfully* practiced it). Basically instead of steady state cardio once a week (on my rest day, Wednesday), I implemented 10 minutes twice a week and 20 minutes on the Wednesday (not counting warm up, now adding extra calves on Wednesday). It's actually a pain on a treadmill because the gap between speeds makes the thing waste a bit of time (it takes about 13 seconds for the speed to completely change), so I might move to some other form of motion.

But it definitely works. I am more tired after that than my 5K jog. And this is done faster. Aaaand the treadmill always feels like it's going to totally break.
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 29 May 2016 at 03:09 PM.

5. Nice job man, keep it up.

Nothing too exciting for me. Still working lots of hand balancing.

In about my last month of the summer cut, at which point Ill maintain until around xmas. I had an 8 pack last year, not sure if Ill go that far this summer or not... we shall see!

6. Damn dude, looking good! Your arms look fabulous!

I'm jumping back into a routine after spending the week in NYC back in March and realizing how much I was neglecting, well, moving. My mental state improves tenfold when I'm working out, moving around, and not eating like shit. So I slowly began reintroducing healthy habits, one at a time, starting with making an effort to move more. Since March, I've added in an hour of cardio just about every day, strength training started in April, calorie reduction at the beginning of this month, and I'm finally getting back to my true love, lifting weights. I've lost some inches, gained some tone, and am down a pants size already. I'm really happy I'm able to be back at the point i was awhile ago, and I'm lifting twice as much without feeling starving all the time. I feel like this slow build is more my pace, I had a habit of adding too many "new" life changes all at once. I've struggled with my weight since I was young, and I don't want to keep stopping and starting with this stuff, I want it to be permanent healthy lifestyle things.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

How do you guys feel about electronic help devices? Those little walking calorie counters? Phone apps? Fitbit? The pokemon step counter?

It's a great motivational tool, but if you're looking for accuracy, look somewhere else.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    How do you guys feel about electronic help devices? Those little walking calorie counters? Phone apps? Fitbit? The pokemon step counter?
    I have the fitbit HR! I like it a lot - I'm primarily doing walking for cardio right now and will be starting up running again when it's not 110 degrees out, it's great for those. It helps me get in 10,000 steps and gives me a pretty good heart rate measure.
    It completely falls apart during any sort of weight lifting though, anything where you're using hands instead of feet, it just doesn't know how to read your HR. No clue why, it will just have a really spotty tracking. It will register my cardio before and after the workout tho, so whatever.

The fun part is that it tracks my sleep though!!! I am restless so many times a night!

Anyway, I like it and outside of the strength training thing, it's a good little device.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

10. I never found them much use TBH. I find most of the people who get the intended use out of them are already running like crazy.