Page 457 of 494 FirstFirst ... 443453455456457458459461471 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,570 of 4934

Thread: The Workout Thread

1. Hasn't bodybuilding already gone mainstream now that working out is a regular and normally accepted activity? There wouldn't be health movements without the initial push. After that what's left? No mentally healthy human wants to get THAT big for no reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

2. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Bodybuilding, in my opinion, peaked during the time of Arnold and Franco. They looked like classical Greek statues. Guys now have medicine balls hanging out of their armpits, and huge muscle guts. It's freakish, and unappealing.

And no, there will never be another Arnold. I am going to cry like a schoolgirl when he goes.
    That's why they say Arnold was the best, he was the last one that was semi-believable.

3. This is a terrific thread! It's so good to set small goals and achieve them. It's why exercise is good for both the body and spirit!

Right now, I am running again with the goal of running a marathon this year. I have never ran more than 5 miles before, so it will be quite a personal feat. But, I can do it by increasing my run lengths in small steps over the weeks until 26.2 miles no longer seems out of reach!

I think bodybuilding will have a comeback, but I agree there will never be another like Arnold. He is quite an amazing human being!
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

4. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Right now, I am running again with the goal of running a marathon this year. I have never ran more than 5 miles before, so it will be quite a personal feat.

Not impossible but fairly unrealistic to go from never running 5 miles to marathon in 8 months

5. I was using marathon rookie's 16 week plan. Starts off with 3,4,5 miles which I've done, and is suppose to have you ready in 16 weeks. I've never done it before, but 3 mi a day and 15 mi a week is routine for me and the schedule from that point sounds reasonable.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

6. I max out just under 5 miles at an 8:30 pace (is that even good?) . My body is terrified of the thought of over 20 miles. Fuck that. Fuck that so much. You have fun though.
    Last edited by Hubbitron; 22 Apr 2014 at 05:36 PM.

7. You can do it! The world record is 350 miles in 80 hrs, non-stop, no sleep, by a 43 year old dude.

http://m.runnersworld.com/elite-runn...ut?page=single

8. I'm restarting my running this week (back to the very beginning of the 10k program, starting off with c25k) I'm super excited. I miss running a lot, and i wish i could start a little further than the beginning of the 5k program, but i figured since i haven't ran for months i better start slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

I've never been able to run. Even when I was in hockey shape, it caused me great problems. I prefer long walks.

10. I was POSITIVE when i started that I wouldn't be able to do it. I found it to be the most enjoyable form of exercise, surprisingly! Steady and covers a lot of ground - i feel accomplished the most when i run.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread