Page 470 of 494 FirstFirst ... 456466468469470471472474484 ... LastLast
Results 4,691 to 4,700 of 4934

Thread: The Workout Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    You might gain weight because muscle is denser than fat, yo. Weight isn't always the best way of judging progress.
    very true! I mean obviously when you look at athletes it's obvious that the whole scale thing is thrown out the window. I don't look as much as I weigh, which is nice. But gaining 1-2 pounds a week (without seeing a TON of difference in loss of girth,) when i'm following a pretty strict routine, is discouraging at times. I've talked to my doctor about it, and like most doctor stuff it ends up being "well all bodies are different, lol!" (And I've done thyroid tests, blahblah, etc - found out i was iron deficient, thats when i started taking iron supplements)
    It's not going to make me stop my workouts or anything, don't get me wrong. I just wonder why it was easy for me to lose weight even a year or two ago and not now. It's gonna be something I'm going to bitch/feel bad about for awhile. (apologies.) The benefits of working out overall even out the lack of weightless - I do feel less depressed, more energetic and creative. So, I'll just keep going. Maybe it's just going to take me a long time to see the change i'd like.

Sorry, btw. I know i've bitched about this a bit already.

and yeah, with the additional calories - i'm kind of curious if you use it as a meal supplement or just 'deal' with the extra calories or does it make you not want to east as much, etc? I'm pretty ignorant about fitness supplements as a whole.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

2. Lately I've been eating carbs early in the day and scaling them back as the day goes on. By dinner it's just veggies and protein...there's no point in eating carbs for energy when you're going to bed in a few hours. I adhere to this Monday through Friday and loosen up on the weekends so I can be a normal person.

I mostly use protein powder before and after workouts, or first thing in the morning on an off-day.

And yeah, forget the scale. The mirror is the way to go.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 19 Jun 2014 at 06:53 PM.

3. Whatever you ladies and gents do while lifting, don't do what this guy does. Unless you're an arm wrestler, of course,and are born with a defect that makes your arm HUGE.

"To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

4. My balls are like that.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. So do you walk like the dudes in a V8 commercial; walking with a lean to one side?
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

6. Nemo - need suggestions for wider lats, wider calf muscles. I would have said calfs, but i became unsure if it is calfs or calves. Calf doesn't even make sense to pronounce the way we do.

All I can think to do for either is wide-grip pullups and calf raises.

Arnold says your calfves can take way more weight than you think they can. Perhaps you are not going heavy enough?

This lady is 78. what's your excuse for not lifting today?

http://i.imgur.com/YnTPw38.jpg

9. That I'm not a strong independent woman who don't need no man.

Not with that attitude.