Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Thundercats

1. Thundercats

From Superhero Hype:
    Thundercats Headed for the Big Screen
    Source: Variety
    June 6, 2007

Warner Bros. has optioned a Thundercats script by new screenwriter Paul Sopocy to turn the popular 1980s animated series and toy line into a live action feature.

Variety says Warner-based Paula Weinstein will produce through her Spring Creek Productions, along with Dick Robertson and Lew Korman.

Thundercats revolves around a group of humanoid cats (with feline names like Lion-O, Tygra, Panthro and Cheetara) who must flee their planet of Thundera after it's destroyed. Once crash-landing on another planet, Third Earth, they must thwart Mumm-Ra, an evil sorcerer, bent on killing them off.

Sopocy has written the script as an origin story expanding on the major heroes and villains from the animated series, with the plot focusing on Lion-O coming of age as the leader of the Thundercats.

Warner Bros. recently teamed with Joel Silver to produce a live-action He-Man movie, based on the toy and cartoon franchise, as well as a feature based on the DC comic book Teen Titans.
    So, I guess us nerdy 80s kids have officially taken over Hollywood now. Turtles, Transformers, He-Man, and now this. Here's hoping they don't fuck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. Thundercats sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Thief Silver View Post
    Thundercats sucked.

Then. it rocked... Now. its horrible. thats why i dont watch cartoons from my childhood. i dont wanna ruin the memories from my childhood.

JBNagis

4. The way Hollywood is going, they are becoming so incredibly out of ideas that they're going to wrap back around and again start producing original movies.

5. Live action Thundercats?

6. Live-action Thundercats? I don't see this working, unless it's done in a cheesy 80's Beastmaster sword-and-sorcery style. And even then, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by LordPerrin View Post
    From Superhero Hype:So, I guess us nerdy 80s kids have officially taken over Hollywood now. Turtles, Transformers, He-Man, and now this.
    Wow, it's so true.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. All we need now is Voltron and GI Joe (which they've apparently been trying to get off the ground for awhile now).

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

8. Quote Originally Posted by LordPerrin View Post
    So, I guess us nerdy 80s kids have officially taken over Hollywood now. Turtles, Transformers, He-Man, and now this.
    Agreed.

They will figure a way of fucking this up. They should have taken the TMNT route.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    They will figure a way of fucking this up.
    It's a cartoon about cat people lead by a guy weilding a sword that grows like a cock when he goes into battle. I can't think of a way they can do it "right."
    Last edited by Dolemite; 06 Jun 2007 at 09:41 AM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

10. What's next, Bravestarr or Silverhawks?

Perhaps an ungodly Snorks CGI flick?

I shudder at the thought.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.