Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2456

Thread: Claymore

1. Quote Originally Posted by FuryFox View Post
    I haven't read any of the manga, but I just finished episode 26 of the anime. Extremely solid all around, the only anime I've been able to tolerate since Samurai Champloo I think.
    Interesting I may have to check this out then.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

Quote Originally Posted by FuryFox View Post
    No, not especially. It's a little disappointing considering how many different female characters there are, that not even one is abnormally busty (or flat for that matter). All the Claymores seem to start from the same body archetype (athletic and curvy) with only minor differences to distinguish them.

Come to think of it, that's another thing the series never explains...how people are combined with Yoma flesh to be what they are, and why they all look the same (the eye color is explained, but nothing else).
    I don't know if I can watch an anime with no big boobs

3. By normal human standards, they're all pretty well-endowed. The girls still end up being pretty sexy by virtue of what they do, versus simply what they look like, but they still all wear skintight suits and there's plenty of eye candy.

4. I don't know if I can watch an anime with no big boobs
    At least in the anime they don't look like monsters, the manga art, not so hot.

5. I've watched about 3 episodes so far. Some one please tell me it either A gets better or B gets away from the usual typical anime fair which it's elbow deep in right now.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

6. It definitely get better, although I wouldn't say it entirely escapes its "typical anime fair" trappings. I felt the same way during the first few episodes, but by 6 or 7 or so (when they first introduce the other claymores beside Clare and Teresa) I was hooked.

7. Yeah after the initial here's your setting episodes that very few animes do a good job of getting away from it starts to really take off.

8. I've watched about 3 episodes so far. Some one please tell me it either A gets better or B gets away from the usual typical anime fair which it's elbow deep in right now.
    If you want a series with little plot but a lot of pretty cool fights keep watching, if you don't, well quit now.

9. I love Claymore. Up to episode 18.

Edit: Finished it up last night. This is a great series with a lot of cool little plot twists. I wish that it had gone on a little longer, if only to include: The third Dweller of the Deep.
    Last edited by SapphirePhoenix; 24 Nov 2007 at 10:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturne View Post
    Hooooot! Fuck you. Hooooot!
    Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Pulp or die, motherfuckers. Fresh squeezed or bust.

10. so i had the 1st 4 volumes on DVD just sitting there and had a hankering to watch some anime. wow, claymore rocks.

this is up there with the best of my favorites. great music, unique characters, beautiful color pallate, not too whiny, lots of gore. reminds me of a pseudo berserk sequel

i especially love how they lure you in to get to know a character and thenBAM! DEAD YOMA MEAT.

only issue is that some of the fighting falls into that shitty anime trap of stand around, say what you are going to do, make an attack, stand around, describe your attack, counter attack, etc. At least they keep it fresh by whats spoilere above, and by some kick ass backstory

also, everytime this track comes on in a scene, i dont know why but it gives me goosebumps. its so ominous and psychotic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irKL8...78963&index=33