Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommend Me Comics

1. Recommend Me Comics

Hey Please recommend me Comics that I havent read or bought. I'm so not listing all that I've read.
    but I already have:
    The Sandman series
    Elfquest, complete
    LoEG, both trades
    Hellboy, random trades
    Transmetropolitan, complete
    Hellblazer, random
    Swamp Thing, random
    Superman, assorted
    Batman, assorted including the Dark Knight Returns
    V for Vendetta
    The Watchman
    Fables, assorted
    The Crow
    Kingdom Come
    and of course, Tank Girl

I'm interested more in well written comics, trade names if you know them. Art is not terribly important to me. Also, any good Deadpool trades? That guy is fucking hilarious.
    [Insert large, loud, flashing signature here]

2. I came in to say Fables, but it seems you got that already.

So Preacher then.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. Grant Morrisons run on New x-Men, and his Seven Soldiers series and All Star Superman.

Meltzers Identity Crisis.

4. If you like Moore stuff (and it appears you do), check out Top Ten.

5. Warren Ellis' Planetary is fantastic. Gets talky sometimes, but kind of serves as Cliff's Notes for subjects and theories that you've never heard of.

Spider-Man: Reign is very good, Batman: The Killing Joke, too.

Girlfriend is in to Castle Waiting, which is kind of like a less-cartoony Bone.

6. Word, any printed media that says "Warren Ellis" on it has a high enough chance of being awesome that you can base your comic-buying solely on that criterion for a while. Fell has kicked my ass every issue since its debut.

7. Warren Ellis also writes a lot of crap. Anything with superheroes for Marvel that's not Nextwave, beware.

8. I liked his Ironman run not too long ago.

9. Black Summer #0 by Ellis came out this week. If you can still find a copy, snag it.

I don't recommend much manga, but- Planetes. It's people working and living in space, using tech that looks like something we'll design when we get there. No giant eyes or little-girl fetishes, just good, solid science fiction. Plus it's only 5 volumes long, so it's not a huge commitment.

James

10. The Hedge Knight

http://www.amazon.com/Hedge-Knight-S.../dp/097640110X

It's a graphical novel prequel to A Song of Ice and Fire series by GRRM. There is a novella version of the story, but the comic is enjoyed by comic book fans as well as GRRM fans as well.