Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 30 Days of Night

1. 30 Days of Night

this came out of nowhere (for me at least). starring Josh Hartnet. the music towards the end of the trailer gave me an It Came from the Desert vibe.
    http://media.movies.ign.com/media/48...00/vids_1.html

-This is the story of an isolated Alaskan town that is plunged into darkness for a month each year when the sun sinks below the horizon. As the last rays of light fade, the town is attacked by a bloodthirsty gang of vampires bent on an uninterrupted orgy of destruction. Only the small town's husband-and-wife Sheriff team stand between the survivors and certain destruction.-
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0389722/

was a graphic novel series.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/30_Days_of_Night

Click for full size

2. this was rumored for awhile in the comic book world, awesome to see that it came true.
    finally a good looking non pg-13 rated horror film. i hope it delivers. trailer looks great

3. Been waiting for this for quite some time. I met the comic creators a few years back and they were talking all about wanting to make it into a movie if possible.

Oddly enough, I like Josh Hartnett - he gets a lot of flak, but he's a good actor.
    Boo, Hiss.

4. I forgot this was being made until I saw the trailer today. The source material is fantastic, though I missed an issue because it sold out so damn fast. The art in those books can be hard to make out at times, but it's some really amazing work.

5. Ben Templesmith is the killer of gods.

I got a few original sketches of his.
    Boo, Hiss.

6. Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post

Oddly enough, I like Josh Hartnett - he gets a lot of flak, but he's a good actor.
    i like him too. his part in S7even was awesome.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
    i like him too. his part in S7even was awesome.
    Haah! "I read this as i like him too. his part in Se7en was awesome". I was like wtf, Josh Harnett wasn't in Se7en! Then I realized you were talking about Lucky Number S7even.

I've been waiting for this trailer for a long while, it's good to see that it will most likely turn out to be a quality movie. Especially since the trailer makes it look fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    I forgot this was being made until I saw the trailer today. The source material is fantastic, though I missed an issue because it sold out so damn fast. The art in those books can be hard to make out at times, but it's some really amazing work.
    The art is awesome. The story is total bullshit. It was great how he established that the older the vampire is, the more powerful it becomes. Unless a new vampire gets really pissed off, then it's more powerful than a dickload of older vampires.

Terrible cop out ending to an interesting premise. I really hope they come up with a better way to finish it.

9. It's weird how perfectly Muse songs fit into horror trailers, citing this and the trailer for 28 Weeks Later as examples. Any others I'm missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Saint of Killers View Post
    The art is awesome. The story is total bullshit. It was great how he established that the older the vampire is, the more powerful it becomes. Unless a new vampire gets really pissed off, then it's more powerful than a dickload of older vampires.

Terrible cop out ending to an interesting premise. I really hope they come up with a better way to finish it.

OMG your so right. That ending made no sense at all. It actually pissed me off.

especially sense the older vamp wanted to leave anyway,if they stayed hidden they would have survived regardless. stupid ending. Not as stupid as the Ultimate Galactus story though.
    Looks likes following the Comic kind of closely. Even the way the vamps look. Very interesting. Now if i can get a good Anita Blake series ill be happy.

JBNagis
    Last edited by JBNagis; 14 Jun 2007 at 01:57 AM.