Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mad Max

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Yup, it was Golden Gun. I know my Bond movies.
    Shit, you're right. I remembered that sheriff and thought it was L&LD.

2. He first appeared in Golden Gun.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Shit, you're right. I remembered that sheriff and thought it was L&LD.
    Honest mistake, I sometimes get the two movies confused myself. They were Roger Moore's first two Bond movies, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    He first appeared in Golden Gun.
    No, Melf's right in this case- the annoying hick sheriff first appears in Live and Let Die.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. Wow, you are correct. I'm only giving up the fight because I looked up when they were released. 73 for Live and Let Die, 74 for Golden Gun. I always thought it was the other way around.

But anyway. Mad Max...awesome.

5. Mad Max was pretty good. But that ending...awesome. The whole "you can't saw through your chain in time but your ankle..." thing has been ripped off countless times since then.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. I never thought I'd say this, but after watching The Road Warrior yesterday, I like Mad Max better. Not sure why exactly, but Mad Max seemed a lot grittier, with better action. RW's end sequence is still amazing, and Wez, The Humungus, and The Feral Kid still rule, but the original is....I don't know, more gripping and kinetic.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

7. "remastered special edition DVD (including the original Aussie audio track for the first time in the US - the original release was dubbed)"
    Sold.

8. Quote Originally Posted by dakidski View Post
    "remastered special edition DVD (including the original Aussie audio track for the first time in the US - the original release was dubbed)"
    Sold.
    It's also ten dollars or less.